• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redbaron

Nov 2, 2011
    Hagerstown
    So last year I bought a M92 PAP pistol, everything transferred fine, no issues. I just placed an order Saturday for a DDI-built AK pistol, and after a few days of seeing it listed as "processing" instead of "shipped" I called the company to see what the hold up was.

They said they talked to my FFL and that the DDI pistol was not legal in MD.

So, I'm confused. I was under the impression (and have proof sitting in my gun safe) that AK pistols were OK in MD, but not the full rifles. Did something change in the time I bought my PAP to now?

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    The pistol has to be on the MDSP handgun roster. The M92 PAP is on the roster and the DDI is not. If you really want the DDI you can have one of the local FFL's submit it as an addition to the roster.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    If you really want the DDI you can have one of the local FFL's submit it as an addition to the roster.

Just to clarify, you don't have to have an FFL submit a petition to the handgun roster - you can do it yourself (and some folks around here dutifully regularly submit petitions as new firearms are developed/released as a public service whether they want one or not).

For any questions about the process or if you want additional information, give the HRB Administrator a call or e-mail. She's always been very helpful when I've had issues and questions, and should be able to e-mail you anything you need to get started:

HANDGUN ROSTER BOARD
    Marlene F. Jenkins
    (410) 653-4247
    marlene.jenkins@maryland.gov

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Is that a good one? Sorry to derail the thread.

DDI has a good rep from limited research I've done.

I like the longer 11.5 barrel and A2 birdcage vs some of the others. Less bang, less flash and better velocity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom