• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Then why does my Airsoft handgun have an orange tip? I'm sure it could kill something.

Ton of replica BB guns with no orange, it is typical.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Then why does my Airsoft handgun have an orange tip? I'm sure it could kill something.
    When you get hit.. It doesn't/shouldn't penetrate the skin.. Low fps unlike air pistol/bb. Hence its still considered as "toy".

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Because everyone takes a BB gun to a basketball game

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      41.7 KB · Views: 245

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Unless you are shooting a small bird or a mouse, I highly doubt it. Almost all airsoft guns produce at max 2 Joule's. Airsoft guns are required to have an orange tip to be sold/imported. It is perfectly legal to remove it after it has been bought.

There is a big difference between BB/pellet gun(.177 cal), and airsoft(6mm).

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    They have been making real looking replicas for a long time. In the 60s I had A Daisy 1894 Winchester BB-gun, a Johnny Eagle 1911, a Mattel "Dick Tracy" snub nose, a couple of real looking Lugers, and a Crossman Pellet revolver that looked like a Smith 28. The Mattel toy M16 was so real looking that John Wayne used one in one scene in "the Green Berets" (the scene where he breaks the rifle against a tree - that really was a literal Mattel toy). So why are real looking replicas/toys a problem now?

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Dirt bike was out of gas??

We had some visitors stay with us over the weekend, and took them to mass at the Baltimore Basilica. After going down to the inner harbor, we went back to the church to get the car. As we got out on the street, the motorcycles started whizzing by. After they passed, and we got half a block, we saw an elderly man down on the sidewalk with the priests from the mass crouched over him. He looked like he just got hit by one of the bikes on the sidewalk. He was dressed like he just came out of church himself, and looked like he was hurt bad. We couldn't believe some idiot rode their motorbike down the sidewalk. Well, maybe not so surprised, with these idiots.
    Like building a dirt track would any good. They ride as a big FU to the police.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Word to the wise. When approached by LEO's while holdin' somethin' resemblin' a hog leg and they say to put it down, you would do well to put it down.

My sympathy is kinda lacking here.

I read they were in plain clothes. Kid shouldn't be waving a gun around but who knows who he though was yelling at him. Trying to him the benefit of the doubt.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I read they were in plain clothes. Kid shouldn't be waving a gun around but who knows who he though was yelling at him. Trying to him the benefit of the doubt.
    Hmmmm........I see two outcomes to the "plain clothes" issue here..

First, they are cops and you get shot.

Second, they aren't cops and you get shot.

Moral of the story, don't bring a toy to a real gun fight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom