• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think we are in for a real fight in the MGA next session. The gun grabbers are salivating.

f1e5ef8d-5b72-418f-af3a-362b338d7b1f.jpeg

[FONT=&quot]Dear MD serf,
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After the horror that unfolded in Orlando this month, directed at the LGBT community and made possible by ready access to weapons of war, many of my friends are demanding action.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This week, I joined Congressmen Chris Van Hollen, Elijah Cummings, John Sarbanes and Dutch Ruppersberger, along with Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence, for a National Day of Action to disarm hate and prevent further gun-fueled carnage.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We cannot become desensitized to the horror of Orlando. We cannot accept a status quo enabled by a Republican majority unwilling to stand up to the gun lobby.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The facts are inescapable: A military-style assault weapon was used to slay 49 young, vibrant nightclub patrons in Florida, who may have been targeted because of their sexual orientation.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A similar weapon was deployed in the slaughter of 20 innocent children and 6 adults in an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut; in the murder of 12 people with 70 more wounded in a theater in Aurora, Colorado; and in too many other mass killings.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Assault weapons equipped with large capacity magazines are the weapons of choice for mass murderers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. They make it too easy for a single individual to inflict mass casualties and drive up the death toll in minutes.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]These weapons are not needed for hunting, or property protection.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They are weapons of war designed to kill people on the battlefield. There is no reason for a citizen to own an assault rifle unless he is planning an assault.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Within days of the Orlando shooting, the Supreme Court rejected a Second Amendment challenge to assault weapons and large capacity magazine bans in New York and Connecticut.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Maryland has similar bans, and my office defended them last month in an en banc hearing before the entire 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We must do whatever it takes to stop the killing. We need to reinstate the federal ban on military style assault weapons. We need to limit high-capacity magazines that hold the bullets that allow these mass murders to take place. We need background checks and licensing requirements.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As Attorney General, I am fully committed to defending Maryland’s assault weapons ban, and to supporting the courageous votes of state and federal legislators who work every day to protect public safety and reduce the risk of deadly gun violence.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I am asking you today for your help.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Please join my fight against gun violence, and help me build the support we need to make progress. It is only with your assistance that we can lead in this truly life-and-death struggle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This year’s election – and those to come – will pit us against those who would roll back our efforts, and who wrongly think that the only answer is to put more guns in people's’ hands.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We can’t let that happen. I fought for common sense gun laws when I was in the state Senate. I am fighting today, in the courts, and with my partners.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Please give what you can today, and thank you for being part of this effort.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Frosh%20signature(1).jpg
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Brian[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Disarmhate.jpg
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]By Authority: Citizens for Brian Frosh, James Blumenthal, Treasurer.[/FONT]​
    If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.​

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It will be a fight. A big one.

With Pugh as mayor of Baltimore and her weight with the GA, we will not see the hesitant and disorganized 2A attacks that we witnessed this year.

I fully expect an uproar similar to 2013. I'm also hoping us freedom loving Marylanders come out with even greater numbers in response.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I noticed he was being careful in his descriptions of the firearms used... but still couldn't resist the urge to use "assault weapon".

We need people to start writing... OpEds, freelance articles, LtEs, you name it. Make sure the word gets out that evil does not manifest itself in assembled bits of metal and plastic, but rather in acts by horrible individuals bent on destruction.

Maybe a thread in the WC listing media contacts across the state??

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Only an egotistical piece of shit would decide to disarm law abiding gun owners after an ISIS TERRORIST attack in FL. I'd suggest Frosh and his friends fly to Syria to work directly on the plan to "disarm hate and prevent further gun-fueled carnage.".

He should schedule an appointment with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi directly. Maybe Frosh will tell al-Baghdadi what a moron he is for spreading all of this mean and nasty gun violence. Maybe al-Baghdadi will reconsider all of his evil ways and convert much the ISIS territory in the ME to a system of gun laws similar to MD.

More likely ISIS will separate Frosh from his head. Maybe just as his head separates and hits the floor Frosh will realize what a clueless, spineless, ball-less, jackass he is. I'd suggest they pick it up and shove it up his own ass. That is where it spends most of the time anyway.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    How come all these bulletins have the lead-in "Dear MD serf"? Have they been modified to say that? I don't believe that a real policy announcement would say that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    How come all these bulletins have the lead-in "Dear MD serf"? Have they been modified to say that? I don't believe that a real policy announcement would say that.

because I removed my name. i put in the real word he wanted to use but couldn't.

you can't recognize my sarcasm?

:D

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    He can whine all he wants. He gave up his ability to introduce legislation and the power he loved to abuse as chair of the Judicial Proceedings Committee when he left the Senate to follow his ego and mustache to the AG job.

That being said, we are still in for a heck of a lot of bad legislation to be attempted in Annapolis this coming session I think.

Mr H

Banana'd
    He can whine all he wants. He gave up his ability to introduce legislation and the power he loved to abuse as chair of the Judicial Proceedings Committee when he left the Senate to follow his ego and mustache to the AG job.

That being said, we are still in for a heck of a lot of bad legislation to be attempted in Annapolis this coming session I think.

This year will be make-or-break for both sides. We've known this since 2013 (and even before, for some aspects).

IMO, anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention.

We will need all the help we can get, and to mobilize people to get back into battle mode.

Also, Hogan will have to decide what side of reality (as evidenced by movement in dozens of states over the past 5 years) he wants to be on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom