ClassIII 300 blackout caliber question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm trying some searches, here and on the internet, trying to find information on how to fill out the application for a class III SBR build in 300 blackout.
    It appears that while the lower states "multi caliber", it doesn't appear that is an accepted on the app as a caliber.
    I am concerned that is I decide to change the barrel out back to 5.56 that the build not doesn't match it's paperwork.

I'm thinking others have crossed this bridge (personally, not 2nd had) and I'm hoping one you who have may be able to point me in a good direction to get accurate info.

Knowing bans are likely on the way, I really want this application to be submitted in short order and correct the first time when done so.

This is the best I could find on the "NFA FAQ read first" thread - "ATF wants specific barrel length, you need to decide what length barrel you will be using at the time or registration. Caliber is a little different. I have been able to register some of my rifle as 'multi' caliber and as a 2 caliber receiver, however others I have talked to have had issues with this. I would suggest being specific regarding caliber. It is up to your examiner to approve it as a "mulit" caliber receiver. You may get lucky."

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can send a letter to change caliber. You can also put a different upper on as long as you can readily change it back to it's original configuration.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Are you efiling AMERICA? It does mention 300blk as a caliber there. As teratos mentioned, you can put as many uppers on that lower you want, but they do want an "original" caliber for the form 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom