• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Any possibility considering the Democrat majority in MD they have a chance to pass before we get a chance to testify?

onefastgun

Jan 1, 2013
    Bel Air MD
    zoostation from what i was informed from the conversation they are getting every one together on the points of the ban to push on the 9th. I think they credible no reason not to be ?? Sorry i just thought it may have been important. Thanks onefastgun

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    Welcome to the forum. We need your help.

Excellent video link, Minuteman. I re-posted this to another (and predominantly liberal) forum. Those folks would just scoff at the information if it was less reasonably presented. But you can't so easily dismiss this kind of level-headed fact-based presentation. Need to see more of this, folks.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Welcome to the forum. We need your help.

It is as simple as that and as complex as that. I see no end in the manner and ludicrous nature of what drives our politics. I really don't. The data and sources this guy presents are uncolored by spin or agenda. While some like to say numbers can be made to look however you want. I would say, some numbers can be manipulated to support an agenda. Not the same thing.

The crime stat numbers are simple. As the video noted, they clearly lead to places where real good could be done, if politicians had the balls and courage to go there. But they don't and they won't. What we are seeing in DC is the ultimate example of deflection from a focus on the real and difficult problems with violent crimes.

When confronted with the objective crime statistics, the problem really does present itself with great clarity. Unfortunately, it is the penchant and insistence by politicians to muddy the water.

Politics is a stage and all its players are actors.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Its rough to find out for newcomers...but we are a very brutal forum if you do not spell right. Enjoy your stay.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Every bill.... AFAIK... needs to have a hearing.

The trick, here, is being ready to mount a force to attend said hearing on a moment's notice.

If the constituents are not aware of a bill, how can they tell their reps what they want? After all, the representatives are very interested in the will of the people they govern.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Are there any formal laws on the books requiring public notice before a law can pass which affects the public? I know in MD, banks have to post foreclosure notices in two publications for a given period of time before they can proceed. Only makes sense that legislation have even more requirements. Oh, wait a minute, I am living in a communist state. Carry on.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    True enough...

In part, this proves the apathy of the electorate... but also shows the lack of advocacy for many causes.

In that, we are very fortunate.

Exactly True. As a group in Maryland I pray all on this board will speak thru MSI Executives and attorney's to make our position clear we will not tolerate any more restrictions or bans.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Lighten up a little. My guess is the OP speaks his native tongue better than we do.

Anyone interested in fighting for our gun rights is okay in my book.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I like to say hi to the form, I just joined today, En light of the looming new gun ban for Maryland , I was speaking to a local official in witch he informed me on upcoming hearings on the 1/3/2013 for the move on gun control for the state, I think o'malley is going to try to slide this by us , I am posting this to let the shooting community know they are starting early:mad54: Thanks onefastgun

Let me guess: Public education right?? :) Just kidding.... Thanks for the heads up.

seankar

Jan 22, 2012
    Millsboro, DE
    Welcome to the forum but you will probably find that most of the members here already know what the PR of MD is going to try to do about gun regulations. If you really want to help, Join SA , MSi , NRA, or NAGR and support their goals. They all need contributions and ACTIVE supporters to spread their message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom