• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Figured with the rising popularity of these, it may be worthwhile to have a thread in place addressing holsters. If anyone has anything to contribute, feel free to.

I started out with whatever I had left in the "Drawer O' Holsters" at home.

Safariland - no dice on the ones I had handy. The trigger-guard is just too wide to fit properly. Might be able to make it work with modification, emphasis on MIGHT. May be a better fit with one designed for a Glock, but with the slightly wider frame and trigger-guard, I have my doubts.

Galco Matrix - Originally meant for an M&P series, but the compact P80 frame will fit - to a point. Again, the width of the trigger-guard was the limiting factor. Could be used for a 'Range Only' set-up, but wouldn't trust it for anything else.

DeSantis Speed Scabbard (leather) - Another one originally meant for an M&P (.45), and it actually fit quite well. Retention was good.

**Biggest issue for me was my build just isn't suited for that style of holster.

Glockstore's $35 Holster (kydex) - Fit quite snug out of the packaging, even with the retention screw backed out all the way. Ended up swapping the retention hardware from the Galco (longer screw), and cutting a slightly wider spacer. Easy/smooth draw and re-holster, with solid retention.

**Downsides, 2 of them. 1 - the way they mount the belt clip to the body, lends itself to the gun 'butting out', appendix, 3 to 5 o'clock - at least on me. 2 - Slight contact to top edges of slide, not an issue for most, but for those with 'safe queens' - it's going to wear the finish in some spots.

From what I've been reading, most of the leather holsters for the G19 should work well enough, as the leather has some give, and takes the shape of the P80 over time.

If anyone has anything to add, go for it.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Polymer80 sells kydex for it on their website.

There are a few custom kydex makers out there with molds for it (or one of their own)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I hope there are some that will for perfect

That's part of the reason I haven't sprung for a Safariland. I'd hate to spend the money, only to find out the gun doesn't fit.

Have to say, I'm actually intrigued by Blackhawk's Omnivore. Supposedly capable of accepting 150 different firearms with rails, or with a mounted light. Supposedly no point of contact with the firearm itself, for those that don't want to have wear spots.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Polymer80 sells kydex for it on their website.

There are a few custom kydex makers out there with molds for it (or one of their own)

Well, shit.

Guess I probably should've looked there first...

**Mods/Admin, go ahead and put ol' yeller out of it's misery.

Last edited:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    My 80% compact fits perfectly in any of my G29, G20/21 holsters. I'm working away from home but I can add a picture this weekend if I remember.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have had good luck using Sticky holsters originally for a Glock 19 and I am currently using a Bravo Concealment DOS Torsion holster that I love. I also have a Bravo Concealment OWB holster that works fine with my two 940c builds. My G30 IWB holster from Theis (hybrid, leather and kydex) seems to fit it fine as well.

I picked up a Concealment Express holster from Amazon that works great, though I did have to remold it slightly to accommodate an extended, threaded barrel in my one compact build (to allow the barrel protector nut to clear freely on the draw).

A couple of things I have found.. most of the std Glock holsters will work, but there are two areas of interference. The primary one is the 'accelerator ramps' that extend all the way to the front of the frame. This creates a wider profile in the bbl section of the frame and weapon. I removed the excess in front of where my thumb reaches to more closely match the std Glock profile in that regard. It made a big difference in the retention of all of my holsters. The trigger guard is different, but really, not that much. I have found that remolding kydex holsters in the trigger guard area really isn't needed if you remove some of the fat on the front end of the frame. ;)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    pics of a couple...

Attachments

• IMG_0387.JPG
      IMG_0387.JPG
      60.2 KB · Views: 532
    • IMG_0388.JPG
      IMG_0388.JPG
      69.7 KB · Views: 677

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For my build, I'm looking more for an OWB setup. Too thin, and not quite wide enough in the hips for IWB/AIWB comfortably.

The $35 holster from Glockstore is ok for range use, but isn't going to work for me for much else. Butts the grip out too much, and the belt clip moves around too much, even with a discrete gun belt (1.5" wide belt, clip measures 1.78").

swierczekml

Apr 19, 2011
    I’ve been satisfied with Blade Tech holsters for competition so was happy to see my PF940C fit in their Glock 19 holster with just a bit of light Dremel work.

Attachments

• IMG_7227.jpg
      IMG_7227.jpg
      115.2 KB · Views: 290

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    For my build, I'm looking more for an OWB setup. Too thin, and not quite wide enough in the hips for IWB/AIWB comfortably.

The $35 holster from Glockstore is ok for range use, but isn't going to work for me for much else. Butts the grip out too much, and the belt clip moves around too much, even with a discrete gun belt (1.5" wide belt, clip measures 1.78").
    I also have a Bravo Concealment BCA OWB holster, but I haven't really tried it out much yet (I rarely carry OWB in the summer/hot months). I did add the pancake style belt loops, as the standard belt loops are kind of sloppy for my liking (yes, they are sized at 1.5" or 1.75", you specify that when ordering and I use a 1.5" belt).

It also fits my P80 compacts just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
      IMG_0406.JPG
      41.6 KB · Views: 261
    • IMG_0407.JPG
      IMG_0407.JPG
      39.8 KB · Views: 281

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads