• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Just picked this up Friday from 2A after the wait.

vp9_19g4.jpg

vp9_19g4a.jpg

Took it out for a spin with a house pistol Glock 19 Gen4

I've shot the Glock quite a bit and shoot ok with pistols in general.
    Slow fire was at 50 feet and faster was at 21 feet

My initial thoughts after shooting were, in really slow fire the Glock won, but when I sped things up a bit the HK started to shine a little more. I put the smaller grips panels on it, so I can get all my fingers on it and a really good grip. I like the compactness of the Glock and can still get most of my pinky finger on it. A more apples to apples comparison would be a Model 17.

Overall I really like it and look forward to some more trigger time.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Nice! The most comfortable grip out there to me. The HK 45 is ahead of this on my list. That's because I have a P30 L.

ziptiespec

Congrats, love the color. I find that I can run my VP9 better when I run it faster. I also find that I shoot the VP9 better than any of my other handguns. Here's a target shot at 7 yds:

Took me about 5 shots to get in the groove. Again, congrats on your new HK!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I LOVE my VP9. It's my go to "range gun". It really shines with good hollow point ammo. You can definitely see the difference at 15yds with fmj and Speer GD at 7. I did a little taste test between the two.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1486385526956.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1486385526956.jpg
      53.4 KB · Views: 980

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Thanks for all the responses, couple questions

Did you go with the factory standard or night sights?
    Has anyone experience with a owb holster?

As posted previously, I sold a USPc .357 Sig for a VP9 and had some buyers remorse. After 2-300 rounds, the trigger smoothed out and now I really like the VP9.
    I'm an H&K fanboy because the grip angle is perfect for me- I can go from hip to target just as easily as pointing my finger. I can't quickly draw to a target with Glocks and I owned a G23 for >2000rds. They're great pistols but my hands don't like them.

Jun 20, 2017
    So I just purchased my first pistol! A VP9 Tactical
    I tried the PPQ, but I just like the feel of the VP9 a bit more.

I love the gun, but I ran into some FTF issues, and the slide locking back on empty every other mag I put through it. Is this most likely due to breaking in the gun? or is there something i should be doing better? fwiw I was shooting blazer 115 grain.

Attachments

• VP9.jpg
      VP9.jpg
      114.2 KB · Views: 629

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    So I just purchased my first pistol! A VP9 Tactical
    I tried the PPQ, but I just like the feel of the VP9 a bit more.

I love the gun, but I ran into some FTF issues, and the slide locking back on empty every other mag I put through it. Is this most likely due to breaking in the gun? or is there something i should be doing better? fwiw I was shooting blazer 115 grain.

That's a nice looking VP9, I almost purchased that model, you're already set up for a silencer down the road if so inclined.

Sorry to hear you're having issues? Knock on wood, so far not one malfunction of any kind with mine with maybe 300-400 rds, mostly Wolf Polyformance too?

Did you shoot it straight out of the box? I usually like to give a new pistol a quick cleaning before shooting. Swap out the barrel, grease the rails.

Give it a cleaning and see if that clears things up. If it persists, try a different ammo. If that doesn't rectify things, maybe give HK a shout?

Jun 20, 2017
    That's a nice looking VP9, I almost purchased that model, you're already set up for a silencer down the road if so inclined.

Sorry to hear you're having issues? Knock on wood, so far not one malfunction of any kind with mine with maybe 300-400 rds, mostly Wolf Polyformance too?

Did you shoot it straight out of the box? I usually like to give a new pistol a quick cleaning before shooting. Swap out the barrel, grease the rails.

Give it a cleaning and see if that clears things up. If it persists, try a different ammo. If that doesn't rectify things, maybe give HK a shout?

I'm thinking you might be right, I did shoot it straight out of the box. Once I can torque the stupid barrel threat cover off I'll strip it and clean it.

Also I'm not knocking the gun, I figure it might just need to break in. Out of all the guns in the past I've used this one feels the best so I don't mind an issue here and there.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for posting.

Congrats on your new gun.

The trigger is why the HK runs better fast than the Glock does.

Ditto all this!

No. Because I can do that group at 15. But I was doing a rapid fire/rhythm drill at the 7. That was the best it got with fmj at the 15. I can't remember which brand.

Looks good. You still got it.

I'm thinking you might be right, I did shoot it straight out of the box. Once I can torque the stupid barrel threat cover off I'll strip it and clean it.

Also I'm not knocking the gun, I figure it might just need to break in. Out of all the guns in the past I've used this one feels the best so I don't mind an issue here and there.

Sounds right to me too. They sometimes grease them up from the factory, always best to clean new guns.

That Vp9 is still my current favorite (of the wonder nines), but I still don't own one. I enjoy shooting it (friends guns), and like the original size better than the ~newer~ even more compact version.

Good luck, I'm confident you'll love it.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Slide locking back could be symptomatic of grip issues. Your thumb could be riding the slide stop, which is a common problem for me on that particular gun. You could also be "limp wristing" the thing causing it to rack back in your hand and lock.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clean and lube new in box guns.

And since mentionef his first pistol, perhaps some borderline grip, or limp wrist issues ?

Jun 20, 2017
    Clean and lube new in box guns.

And since mentionef his first pistol, perhaps some borderline grip, or limp wrist issues ?

I have shot a few pistols in the bast and never run into Ftf issues, but I suppose it's possible.

I'll give it a good cleaning this week and see if that helps.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I haven't tried my tactical vp9 yet. But the LE 1 I have didn't have a single glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom