• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    My experience with the crunchen-ticker DA first shot to the subsequent SA transition was exaggerated. It typically meant the DA length of pull was too long or the shooter didn't develop DA shooting technique.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Of course the exact weight of a loaded ctg depends on bullet weight, charge, and brass thickness, but using numbers a quick search turned up , 14rds are in the neighborhood of 5-6 oz , giving loaded weight of +/- 2ib 12oz .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Of course the exact weight of a loaded ctg depends on bullet weight, charge, and brass thickness, but using numbers a quick search turned up , 14rds are in the neighborhood of 5-6 oz , giving loaded weight of +/- 2ib 12oz .

? Which gun with how many in the mag is 2lb 12oz?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Refering to BHP loaded weight guesstimate in post #82 , which in turn was was refering back to posts #77 &79 .

I didn't actually weigh a BHP on this thread , but weight difference of 0.7oz for 14rds cought my eye, so I googled up a quote of 9mm wt per 100rd, and applied calculator.

And for the underlying question, a fully loaded Hi Power is well balanced, and feels good in the hand.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Post 77 asked for the weight loaded with 12 rounds, so that is what I provided first; 2 6.3 loaded with 12 rounds - then I added 2 rounds to the mag to weigh again at full capacity of the common MecGars 2lb 7oz. No guestimation, weight on the scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom