• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    HK is doing a promotion that they give you 4 free mags with purchase of any VP series, so id hop on that! All you have to do is send them proof of purchase.

racerbob66

Nov 19, 2009
    North East, MD
    I took my new USP Combat Competition straight to the range and had a few failures to eject and feed. I took it home and cleaned it well and lubed it. I have had zero issues since then.

The factory grease looked more like a protectant than a lube.

Jun 20, 2017
    HK is doing a promotion that they give you 4 free mags with purchase of any VP series, so id hop on that! All you have to do is send them proof of purchase.

That sounds awesome, I bought the gun at engage a week before 7/1. I'll still try to register for the free mags once I find a friend in VA

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Clean and lube new in box guns.
    i actually shot my VP9 right out of the box without cleaning and lubing it and had zero issues. wasn't a tactical model and didn't use the same ammunition, so it wasn't the same scenario, in fairness.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sometime you can get away with that, sometimes you can't . The problem is when you do have problems, it presents multiple variables. Clean and lube first, and gun problems are probably actual gun problems.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Sometime you can get away with that, sometimes you can't . The problem is when you do have problems, it presents multiple variables. Clean and lube first, and gun problems are probably actual gun problems.
    oh, you're not wrong about that. just one of those things that i remember i happened to do. had zero issues with that VP9 regardless.

Jun 20, 2017
    Good news, I cleaned and lubed my VP9 and took it to the range. The gun functioned perfectly. It didn't seem to have a whole lot of grease in it so maybe it was too dry. Awesome pistol!

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    If you're left-handed, you'll probably have issues with the slide not locking back on the last round because your thumb will inadvertently bump the release under recoil. I fixed mine by making a shorter release. Before and after:

2015-11-04%2019.06.37_zpsmqcgjaqt.jpg

2015-11-07%2010.46.17_zpsuqrep6gc.jpg

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    If you're left-handed, you'll probably have issues with the slide not locking back on the last round because your thumb will inadvertently bump the release under recoil. I fixed mine by making a shorter release. Before and after:

2015-11-04%2019.06.37_zpsmqcgjaqt.jpg

2015-11-07%2010.46.17_zpsuqrep6gc.jpg

Haven't had that issue with either of mine yet ??

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So instead of modifying the pistol, give yourself different training. When the pistol doesn't go bang and no slide lock, just do your mag exchange and rack the slide. You would do that for a malfunction. Treat these moments as a malfunction drill. You'll become great at them when they do happen. It's really no big deal.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Palmetto has the VP9 Tactical with night sights and threaded barrel for $550 w/free shipping. I am seriously considering FO'ing on that bad betty...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This is the only reason I never jumped on that PSA deal. With the transfer fees and added cost of magazines it as about the same cost as when the LGS has them on sale.

Hopefully the 4 mag rebate comes through. I plan to use a coworker's PA address, hopefully that's not a problem for HK when sending the mags.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    Hopefully the 4 mag rebate comes through. I plan to use a coworker's PA address, hopefully that's not a problem for HK when sending the mags.

I have the exact same plan. I'm hoping that since the gun is the 15 round model they'll ship the same magazines to PA. I tried it with a Springfield Armory promotion last year and they only shipped 10 round mags since that is what came with the gun originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom