• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    Whenever I am operating....doing serious wet-work I do tactical reloads every 7th-9th shot. That’s just me.
    Is that the wet work in the storage container...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I see very little benefit to the mag. I load 30 rounds, shoot 29 rounds. Now the 30th round loads and the mag drops. As long as I'm not in a firefight, I'm probably okay because I can reload another mag. But if I'm in a SHTF scenario, I'm probably going to die. That 30th round fires and the bolt goes back into battery and I pull the trigger to a dead chamber. Okay, now I have to load a mag and then pull on the charging handle to cycle a round into the chamber.

It's a cool toy. That's about all I can say about it.

Exactly.

Which is why, it needs to drop the mag AFTER locking the bolt back when it is empty.

If they can figure out how to do that, they have a winner, winner, chicken dinner.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I thought California's law was regarding detachable magazines, and that the bullet button was compliant because it required a "tool" to remove the mag. This doesn't seem to disable the normal release, and doesn't require any kind of tool to remove the mag so I'm not clear on how this would get around it.

I think they made a change last year that even made bullet buttons not good enough, but I have enough trouble following our stupid laws here...

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Exactly.

Which is why, it needs to drop the mag AFTER locking the bolt back when it is empty.

If they can figure out how to do that, they have a winner, winner, chicken dinner.

That's what I think.
    However, I'm sure there are many who will like it as is.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That's what I think.
    However, I'm sure there are many who will like it as is.

Because there are many who will not think things through. And never test them in any realistic scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom