• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I guess with as warm as it has been, the groundhogs are showing themselves a lot earlier around me. Normally I don't have to grab the .22 until April, but I had to grab the rifle early this year. Saw one in the back garden (still covered with brassicas from the overwinter crop) but didn't have my usual stash of .22LR hollow points at hand. By the time I got back up from the basement, he'd ambled on back to his den. BIG sucker too, really fat. I guess they didn't have to burn as much to keep warm this year.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I thought you were talking about these
    whistlepig-bosshog.jpg

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I thought you were talking about these
    whistlepig-bosshog.jpg

Nah, not a fan of NDPs (Non-Distiller Producers) for the most part. Wistlepig gets their stuff from a bulk producer, they just "hand bottle" it on the farm in VT. The recipe is good, but not worth paying the price you do for what was someone else's whiskey in the first place.

Now if it was Stagg season, that'd be different! ;)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Spotted one last week on the way down to the farm.. next time I'll be toting my AR.. LOL

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Spotted one last week on the way down to the farm.. next time I'll be toting my AR.. LOL

I really need to finish building my AR. Need something of a caliber between the .22LR and .308 choices for this that I have right now.

Was tempted to grab one of the 12ga shotguns in the safe when I went down to grab .22LR from the basement, but thought the noise wouldn't be worth it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Saw a couple last weekend while shed hunting. Saw more 'chucks' than I saw antlers.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I've been looking, but have not seen any yet. No open den holes either, but you guys are encouraging me to go check again today. I did go out and listen for gobblers this morning and just like clock work, 0630 they started thundering away.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've been looking, but have not seen any yet. No open den holes either, but you guys are encouraging me to go check again today. I did go out and listen for gobblers this morning and just like clock work, 0630 they started thundering away.

I jumped two nice toms last weekend.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Got a few living under my shed, been there several years. Not doing any damage around here, so I'm letting them be.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
      IMG_0116.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 985

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads