• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Ahoy,

For 1 week only, from now until Tuesday March 21 we are offering our March 25th(this date only) Competitive Shooting Skills Combo (includes intro/main courses) for %50 off to MDS members!!

Use discount code: DDCMDS50 upon sign up at: http://ddctraining.net/registration.asp

Here is a link to the course description: http://www.ddctraining.net/Competitive Shooting.asp

It is a great class for those interested in getting into the action pistol shooting sports, AND those experienced shooters looking to improve their match performance.

Courses take place in Taneytown MD.

Post, PM or email me: trevors@ddctraining.net with your questions.
    Cheers,
    Trevor S.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Ahoy,

For 1 week only, from now until Tuesday March 21 we are offering our March 25th(this date only) Competitive Shooting Skills Combo (includes intro/main courses) for %50 off to MDS members!!

Is the intro course also offered that morning? And if so is that also 50% off. If so sounds like a great opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Oh I am all over this! I have been wanting to shoot 3-Gun matches and it is a chicken-and-egg problem to shoot a match since they won't let you shoot without experience and no way to get experience without shooting.

Submitted for both courses. Fantastic deal!

Matt

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I probably missed it, but what time do the courses start? I'm about 2 and a half hours away but would like to attend. Also, gear requirements?

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Is the intro course also offered that morning? And if so is that also 50% off. If so sounds like a great opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the intro is included BUT you must also attend the main course. The deal is only for the Combo intro/main. Normally $300 but now $150 for both with the discount code.

If you are experienced and want to attend just the main course the cost is still $150. Still a savings of $75

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I probably missed it, but what time do the courses start? I'm about 2 and a half hours away but would like to attend. Also, gear requirements?

The intro course starts at 10am. And the main portion starts at noon.

Gear list:

-Modern Pistol or Revolver legal for competition in either an IDPA or USPSA division.
    -Strong side belt mounted holster (must be good quality kydex/polymer, leather or hybrid.no cheap nylon!! AND no Blackhawk Serpa style holsters) we recommend the Blade Tech OWB holsters as a good starting option.
    -3 magazines minimum. Bring as many as you can
    -weak side belt mounted magazine holders. 2 minimum
    -Good quality, stiff belt
    -A jacket or button down shirt to use as weapon concealment(IDPA)
    -50 rounds of factory loaded ammunition for the INTRO course, and 250 for the main course MINIMUM! Bring more if you can.
    -Eye and ear protection
    -A good attitude and a willingness to learn

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Oh I am all over this! I have been wanting to shoot 3-Gun matches and it is a chicken-and-egg problem to shoot a match since they won't let you shoot without experience and no way to get experience without shooting.

Submitted for both courses. Fantastic deal!

Matt

Matt, I saw your sign up. Thanks! Ill process it by tomorrow. Just know that this is a pistol only class. Rifle and shotgun won't be covered. But you will get a lot of work with your pistol and will learn how action shooting sports work. I.e. basic universal safety rules, shooting a stage, range commands etc...

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD

Gear list:

-Modern Pistol or Revolver legal for competition in either an IDPA or USPSA division.
    -Strong side belt mounted holster (must be good quality kydex/polymer, leather or hybrid.no cheap nylon!! AND no Blackhawk Serpa style holsters) we recommend the Blade Tech OWB holsters as a good starting option.
    -50 rounds of factory loaded ammunition for the INTRO course, and 250 for the main course MINIMUM! Bring more if you can.
    -Eye and ear protection

Sounds good. Just signed up!

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD

Gear list:

-Eye and ear protection

I am looking to shoot a full-size Sig P320 in 9mm with a P320 Compact in .45ACP as a backup. I am using a Hogue PowerSpeed active retention holster for both. I have a weak side double mag carrier.

Why no Serpa holsters? I've got a Sig P220 with a Blackhwwk CQC holster I am very comfortable with as well (been my carry setup for years).

I'm good on mags, belt, ammo, eyes, ears and so on.

I just want to make sure my gear is good rather that waste prople's time.

Matt

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I am looking to shoot a full-size Sig P320 in 9mm with a P320 Compact in .45ACP as a backup. I am using a Hogue PowerSpeed active retention holster for both. I have a weak side double mag carrier.

Why no Serpa holsters? I've got a Sig P220 with a Blackhwwk CQC holster I am very comfortable with as well (been my carry setup for years).

I'm good on mags, belt, ammo, eyes, ears and so on.

I just want to make sure my gear is good rather that waste prople's time.

Matt

You are good with the Hogue Powerspeed. The Serpa's make me nervous in the action pistol context. Draw speed is desirable and when folks go fast its easy for that trigger finger to stay in the vicinity of the trigger after they depress the retention release button on those Serpas.
    Stick with the P320 Full size 9mm for the class. Itll serve you the best of what you listed.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    ATTN: there is only 1 spot left in the course at this time! Hurry and get your spot at this price point before its gone!!!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Yes the intro is included BUT you must also attend the main course. The deal is only for the Combo intro/main. Normally $300 but now $150 for both with the discount code.

If you are experienced and want to attend just the main course the cost is still $150. Still a savings of $75

I wanted to attend last Octobers class but couldn't make my schedule work I wont miss this one. Looking forward to the opportunity to attend. Just registered for both.

Thank you.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I wanted to attend last Octobers class but couldn't make my schedule work I wont miss this one. Looking forward to the opportunity to attend. Just registered for both.

Thank you.

Great! Looking forward to training with you. You got the last spot!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

Gear list:

-Eye and ear protection

Trevor,

Your website includes Knee Pads in the list. Are they needed. If so any particular style. I've got a pair of construction type like flooring guys use. Or do you recommend a sports flex type like soccer or volley ball style.

Also do we need a tactical or utility style competition style belt or will a good thick leather belt suffice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Trevor,

Your website includes Knee Pads in the list. Are they needed. If so any particular style. I've got a pair of construction type like flooring guys use. Or do you recommend a sports flex type like soccer or volley ball style.

Also do we need a tactical or utility style competition style belt or will a good thick leather belt suffice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For this course knee pads aren't really needed.

A thick rigid leather belt will work. Your holstered gun and mags should not be flopping around is the point.

See you in a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom