Sheetz in westminster closed. Permanently?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 16, 2012
    Dang, lost another bastion of deliciousness in this barren state. I'm from MD's hat and miss my Sheetz desperately, get a sub any time I'm up in Fredneck

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I was thinking of moving to Westminster but once I did some digging I decided to hang in Frederick. Just hate the commute to Baltiwhore.

mikemike0221

Nov 18, 2016
    Sheetz in Westminster

There is a new Sheetz location opening in Westminster just East of town, near the Tractor Supply. The building has been a little delayed due to some zoning issues, but those issues were sorted out and approved by the county. I would imagine it will be another year or two before we see another Sheetz in Westminster. The old Sheetz location on East Main St was a bad part of town, regardless of the Medical offices. Most of those houses in the area are section 8 and filled with the unsavory types. I used to know most of them. There is also a lot of drug addiction clinics and a methadone treatment clinic in the area.

mikemike0221

Nov 18, 2016
    There is nothing wrong with most parts of Westminster. Just stay away from Main Street and the more densely populated parts of town. My mom still lives in the same community that I grew up in 35 years ago and it's a very nice family community. When compared to Fredneck, you will have a better standard of living in Westminster, dollar for dollar. If you offer up a price range, I can tell you where to live and where not to live. Or you could pony up the cash and move to Sykesville just off of 70. That's where I live and we have great schools, great neighbors and almost non-existent crime.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Update: was driving past the location recently. It's being refurbished as a Carroll Fuels gas station. They have repainted the store, so perhaps its opening with all the same services as the Sheetz station?

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    There is a new Sheetz location opening in Westminster just East of town, near the Tractor Supply. The building has been a little delayed due to some zoning issues, but those issues were sorted out and approved by the county. I would imagine it will be another year or two before we see another Sheetz in Westminster. The old Sheetz location on East Main St was a bad part of town, regardless of the Medical offices. Most of those houses in the area are section 8 and filled with the unsavory types. I used to know most of them. There is also a lot of drug addiction clinics and a methadone treatment clinic in the area.
    Supposedly will open in July.

The store is projected to open on July 19 of this year.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/cc-westminster-development-20180104-story.html

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    :party29:

sheetz II.jpg

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    There is nothing wrong with most parts of Westminster. Just stay away from Main Street and the more densely populated parts of town. My mom still lives in the same community that I grew up in 35 years ago and it's a very nice family community. When compared to Fredneck, you will have a better standard of living in Westminster, dollar for dollar. If you offer up a price range, I can tell you where to live and where not to live. Or you could pony up the cash and move to Sykesville just off of 70. That's where I live and we have great schools, great neighbors and almost non-existent crime.

I haven't been to sykesville in over a year but I was shocked at the crime level when I worked there. A lot goes unreported in media. I can remember many a night a B&E or GTA came across the radio. Hell I was just an SPO for a DOD contractor and working 6 years of graveyard shift even I made about 20 arrests for everything from drugs to prostitution and my authority was only on the aprrox .5sq miles of the companies property. It amazed me how those idiots would wander onto that piece of property to get high or whatever even though it was posted clearly and you could see the camera all over the place.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    July 19th is the Grand Opening (per Facebook)

https://www.facebook.com/sheetz

Details
    Join us on Thursday, July 19th for the grand opening of Store #652!

We will have samples of our #MadeToOrder food & beverages, a prize wheel, and giveaways too!

If you bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to Maryland Food Bank, you will receive a Sheetz branded thermal bag (Limit one per customer while supplies last 9AM-11:30AM).

One lucky winner will really #FeelTheLove when they walk away with the grand prize - $1,000 Sheetz Z-Card! The winner will be announced at 11 am when the store officially opens.

10:15 am - $250 Z-Card Giveaway
    10:30 am - $250 Z-Card Giveaway
    10:45 am – Grand Opening Ceremony
    11:00 am – Ribbon Cutting, $1,000 Z-Card Giveaway, Store Officially Opens

After the store opens, visit anytime on July 19th for free self-serve coffee and soda!

Looking to join the Z-Squad? Check out @SheetzJobz on Twitter for all of the latest openings! https://twitter.com/sheetzjobz?lang=en

*No purchase necessary. Must be present to win. Must be 18 or older to be eligible to win. See store for details.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I used to have to drive by the old Sheetz in Westminster to get home from work. Since I was working nights, I would pick up some breakfast for me and the wife. Got expensive after a while. Lately, whenever I have to run to Hampstead or up to Hanover, I make sure to hit the one in Manchester for ham, egg, and cheese on a pretzel roll. July 19, woo hoo!!

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    FWIW, I didn't start this thread to bash Westminster. I had no idea the issues described above were happening. It's been a while since I went to the library and I have no reason to go downtown. Carroll fuels has opened at the old Sheetz location. Seems less sketchy than Sheetz. Don't know what has changed, but more power to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom