• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have a perfect powder measure from Lee that someone bought for me about ten or fifteen years. Today I finally took it out of the box to try it out. I was using H4895 powder and it worked outstanding. I was measuring out 33 gr., it varied less then two hundredths of a gr. I measured twenty straight throws and I could not believe how accurate it was. Anyone use one. I have not tried other powders but I might.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Maybe it's time to get one. My two RCBS measures only gets used for ball powders because I hate that stop/crunch with stick powders. H4895 and IMR 4064 are my two favorites.
    So, you're saying the Lee measures really don't give the jerk/crunch with H4895?

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Yep, have two they measure great, just a little spillage out the side of the drum

Mine started spilling so bad that it wouldn't throw consistently. Dug the old RCBS powder thrower out that I got off of my late uncle and haven't looked back.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Mine started spilling so bad that it wouldn't throw consistently. Dug the old RCBS powder thrower out that I got off of my late uncle and haven't looked back.

Still use an ole RCBS duo-measure no problems, have Uniflow's they work good, and ole Lyman's
    but use the duo..now that I have swapped out the soda bottle hopper for a glass one from Dramworks.

-Rock

Major03

Ultimate Member
    I've had great success with the Lee perfect powder measure with ball / flake powders. OK success with extruded. For stick powders I always throw light and trickle up.

Until I upgraded to a Chargemaster...now I just listen for the beep.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I've had great success with the Lee perfect powder measure with ball / flake powders. OK success with extruded. For stick powders I always throw light and trickle up.

An after the beep sometimes its still over charged.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Mine spills bullseye. I have not been impressed. I’ve seen variations in the charge as well all the way around .5

PMD354

I have been using mine for about 8 years now. No problems every. I do throw all my charges a little light and trickle up. I'm in no hurry and like getting every round weighed right on the button. I'm working with IMR 4895 at the moment looking for the magic 30-06 load for my springfield 1903 A3. I also have IMR 4350 and H 380.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

An after the beep sometimes its still over charged.

I've had pretty good results with the 1500 and H4350. Maybe 1/2 out of 20/25 will go over by .1/.2gr, when that happens, just dump it back into the hopper. No straw mod.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I've had pretty good results with the 1500 and H4350. Maybe 1/2 out of 20/25 will go over by .1/.2gr, when that happens, just dump it back into the hopper. No straw mod.

IMR and H 4895, 4064, 4166, and 4350 do well in mine.
    Flake and ball powders for pistol I still use my RCBS Uniflow, it's faster and very consistent with the small charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom