• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrsnel

Mar 1, 2019
    North east md
    Hello all. Just joined. I have been reading and learningg more over the years but I'm not sure what to do next. Wath all this new gun law crap. I currently have a 16 " hbar and I want a 11" ar pistol . I bought the lower recently. And I bought a lower parts kit and a hand guard at the Harris burg show. But I'm not sure I should finish it. I also was thinking a 80 percent glock pistol build from gohst guns. Or should I get rid of them and get a diffrent caliber ar like 300 blk out I'm all about following current laws. I'm just not sure what's best for me and my wallet.

Hello all. Just joined. I have been reading and learningg more over the years but I'm not sure what to do next. Wath all this new gun law crap. I currently have a 16 " hbar and I want a 11" ar pistol . I bought the lower recently. And I bought a lower parts kit and a hand guard at the Harris burg show. But I'm not sure I should finish it. I also was thinking a 80 percent glock pistol build from gohst guns. Or should I get rid of them and get a diffrent caliber ar like 300 blk out I'm all about following current laws. I'm just not sure what's best for me and my wallet.

If the stripped lower was transferred as "other", assemble it as a pistol first. It doesn't make sense, but per The ATF, a rifle cannot be converted into a pistol, but a pistol can be converted back and forth.
    If you already have a 16" HBAR in 5.56, I would do a 8.5"-10.5" pistol in .300AAC Blackout- but that is just me.

Chrsnel

Mar 1, 2019
    North east md
    Thanks for the reply I'm aware of the (other) for the lower . I did that when i bought it. I'm mainly worried about building it and be banned and then having to sell it or give it up. I been following the the introduced laws but I'm not up on where it's going esp. The no grandfather clause. Thanks

Thanks for the reply I'm aware of the (other) for the lower . I did that when i bought it. I'm mainly worried about building it and be banned and then having to sell it or give it up. I been following the the introduced laws but I'm not up on where it's going esp. The no grandfather clause. Thanks

Don't react to a proposed law until it is passed. In the meanwhile, be vocal and let your legislators know your stance.

EDITED TO ADD (ETA)- Go to the introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. We can be a fun group of guys and gals once we know a bit about you.

Un-ETA- I noticed you already did an intro.

Chrsnel

Mar 1, 2019
    North east md
    Thanks. All I'm thinking of hitting the local gun shows to see what kind d of pistol uppers they have. I've also been seeing guys using psa and aero pricision uppers. I'm looking for mid grade. Something that's not cheap but also not noveske either.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Don't react to a proposed law until it is passed. In the meanwhile, be vocal and let your legislators know your stance.

EDITED TO ADD (ETA)- Go to the introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. We can be a fun group of guys and gals once we know a bit about you.

Un-ETA- I noticed you already did an intro.

This ^^

I haver built 13 Glock clones and 7 long guns from 80%..not 1 will be turned in or taken out of state..now, if the state were to allow serial numbers to be added post build I "might" consider that option as long as there is no registration. .but I have no intention of taking my property out of the state I live in an no one else should.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I haver built 13 Glock clones and 7 long guns from 80%..not 1 will be turned in or taken out of state..now, if the state were to allow serial numbers to be added post build I "might" consider that option as long as there is no registration. .but I have no intention of taking my property out of the state I live in an no one else should.

There is only one reason I can think that the state would want to know what gun and who it is registered to.

hopefully the will not comply movement will be in full effect.

Chrsnel

Mar 1, 2019
    North east md
    Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
    I haver built 13 Glock clones and 7 long guns from 80%..not 1 will be turned in or taken out of state..now, if the state were to allow serial numbers to be added post build I "might" consider that option as long as there is no registration. .but I have no intention of taking my property out of the state I live in an no one else should

Were the glock clones easy to do. I'm a carpenter and I have tools. I think I can pull it of

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    Build an HBAR. We don’t. Now what laws will be passed and how they’ll be amended. Worst case scenario, take it boating with you this summer.

Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
    I haver built 13 Glock clones and 7 long guns from 80%..not 1 will be turned in or taken out of state..now, if the state were to allow serial numbers to be added post build I "might" consider that option as long as there is no registration. .but I have no intention of taking my property out of the state I live in an no one else should

Were the glock clones easy to do. I'm a carpenter and I have tools. I think I can pull it of

Very easy although my approach is a bit unorthodox. I use large nippers to remove the tabs on top and then a dremel to remove the rest followed by 400 and 800 grit wet dry..I can complete one in about 2 hours

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    AR pistols aren’t on the chopping block this session are they? Thought just Hbars and ghost guns. I’d build the pistol.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Very easy although my approach is a bit unorthodox. I use large nippers to remove the tabs on top and then a dremel to remove the rest followed by 400 and 800 grit wet dry..I can complete one in about 2 hours

There is a guy on youtube that has a great tutorial on how to use the clippers. showing the same method you are talking about.

I hear it works well.

just found it, but it was deleted due to 1a suppression from google
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhicgiUW5vk this was it.

Chrsnel

Mar 1, 2019
    North east md
    Thanks for the info I want to do the ar pistol and glock clone but the wallet says no.... I looked at aero pricision and a couple others. All I need is the upper and a brace thinking the sba3

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom