• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I've seen a couple of posts recently suggesting going shooting at Continental Arms in Timonium.

My experience there was.... less than ideal. But it's been many many years since I was there. How is it now?

I usually go to Freestate and like it there, but Continental is way more convenient for me.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    I've seen a couple of posts recently suggesting going shooting at Continental Arms in Timonium.

My experience there was.... less than ideal. But it's been many many years since I was there. How is it now?

I usually go to Freestate and like it there, but Continental is way more convenient for me.

I have visited several times over the last several months. My experience has been great. Unlike Free State I have yet to wait for a lane. Employees have been gracious but still don't allow head shots.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    If you are familiar with indoor gun ranges, you'll be fine. Dont bring steel core ammo. No pics and video, but this may have changed. Un-case guns at the lane,not the table behind it. I've been there many times and find it a good range. Rates are better than others around. And no head shots.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I go every Sunday usually. I don't know how it used to be but everyone is very cordial.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It can be up or down from my experience. And for me, up or down depending on chance is not worth my business. I go to Freestate.

unimogger

Mar 11, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Continental now is very different (the individual with poor people skills is long gone). The retail space is well stocked and I often take new shooters there because the rental selections at their range are better than any other venue I've been to. I observe too that the owners have regularly supported the local Friends of NRA events which I consider important in these days and times.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    This is good news. I've avoided this place because of previous bad reviews. Way closer for me than Free State. I will give it a shot. ;)

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Continental now is very different (the individual with poor people skills is long gone). ...I often take new shooters there because the rental selections at their range are better than any other venue I've been to.

This. Gotten much better than it used to be. I go there sometimes just because AGC is so much further away for me, and can vouch for its evolution over time. Renting guns is still one of the best reasons to go there.

They still do watch shooters closely but IMO that's a good thing, I've seen some idiots at every range I've been to.

Unless they've changed recently, they still don't allow larger calibers of rifle fire like Free State does due to trap limitations.

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    That’s my main shooting range and I have a locker
    I have been to others in the area and I like their facility the best, not to mention the people who works there

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Continental is a good place with good people. I can’t speak of of times but I’ve spent oodles of time and they have helped me many times over the past couple years.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I have shot there off and on for many years, never had a problem. That is where I taught my now 21 y/o granddaughter to shoot when she was 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom