• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Had the same problem. Tried EVERYTHING and spent hundreds throughout a year. Finally got CMMG to put me on the line with their R&D devision and they immediately had an answer for a common issue. Your ejector needs to be bent inward about 6° using a deadblow hammer.

I had 2 cheap BCGs snapped off the gas block even with 2 screws. So I bought a better Faxon BCG, which has a flat face gas block and that has worked fine.

Mine works fine with aluminum case Federal but I only use it when I can't get brass case.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I'd love to know why the screws break. The only thing they're used for is pulling the bolt.

1.) Overtorque; 2.) bolts too long/holes or threading too shallow; 3.) incorrect tensile strength bolts.

4.) Also, insufficient contact between gas key and carrier. Bolts in this application are used to apply a clamping load. The parts in contact then have whatever friction coefficient. If the surface contact area is too small then the shear force from cycling will cause the gas key to eventually shear/weaken the bolts. The broken bolts’ appearance will help determine the cause of the failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom