• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    He is released until sentencing... Other firearms he owns (in Montana) will be transferred to his Father..

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

The charge brought a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, and sentencing guidelines called for Tyler to receive a sentence of between 18 and 24 months. Assistant U.S. Attorney Derek Hines asked for a year and a day, the extra day allowing Tyler to accrue good time credits not available to defendants who serve a year or less.

How nice of them.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The charge brought a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, and sentencing guidelines called for Tyler to receive a sentence of between 18 and 24 months. Assistant U.S. Attorney Derek Hines asked for a year and a day, the extra day allowing Tyler to accrue good time credits not available to defendants who serve a year or less.

How nice of them.

Allowing him to accrue good time credits means he will serve less than a year. End of the day, he was guilty of breaking the law. Without jury nullification or a revolution, we are subjected to the law on the books and the arbitrary enforcement thereof. FBI/ATF did kot exercise "charging discretion" and the US Attorney asked for less time than the guidelines provide for and he set him up for early release via good time credits. The defendant got off somewhat easy.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I thought I heard on the news this morning he was still saying he didn't know the weapon found on his property was fully automatic.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    What I'm trying to convey is that I've lived in this area of the County for 50 Yrs. I've known Bill Tyler for about that entire time. I don't know who the other officer is.
    I know this community. Rumor and twisted reports will abound. Most will be incorrect or just partly correct. That lasts a long time in a small town.
    I know and respect Bill Tyler and the job he's done. The "click bait"harm had been done before I posted here.
    Rob

Well, I think we know most of the facts by now. Appears he is guilty and you no longer need to worry about rumors, speculation, etc.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Well, I think we know most of the facts by now. Appears he is guilty and you no longer need to worry about rumors, speculation, etc.

Fabs,
    rob257 is the gentleman who mentioned almost a year ago that he was in hospice with COPD. He had a few posts that seemed incoherent and folks assumed it was due to his physical state. I assume that he has passed.
    MG

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fabs,
    rob257 is the gentleman who mentioned almost a year ago that he was in hospice with COPD. He had a few posts that seemed incoherent and folks assumed it was due to his physical state. I assume that he has passed.
    MG

Oh hell, that SUCKS and I am embarrassed. Now that you mention it, I recollect him posting about how it was really hard and painful dealing with what he was going through. Wish I had recollected that on my own before I posted what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom