• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    The last show was great, I'll definitely be going again. It's like a lot of shows, some deals, alot of chaff. But it is huge! Whoever said it was right....alot like the old Timonium shows.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Just got back from the show...
    I was expecting more firearms...
    Lots of stuff but very few actual guns for sale as compared to Ho. Co. and Frederick.
    First time I had been to the Dulles show.

I did get a deal on some reloading stuff and I did find a cheap place in Leesburg for Rock River AR's. (the dealer was ticked. the rifles were due to arrive on Monday... he wanted them for the show)
    Not a waste of time just different than I was expecting.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I'll be heading up as soon as i get breakfast. Probably get there about 10am. If I had a md shooters shirt, I'd where it, but I don't.

sks noob

Jan 3, 2008
    Glenn Dale MD
    I wish I could go but I have relatives over this weekend so I'll probably go to the Dullas show in November. I will however go the Howard county show next week.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I think I'll just go to MD show next time. most of the vendors didn't seem to want to deal with the hassle of selling to out of staters for firearms.

it was a cool show with lots of antiques, but the prices weren't any better than what I've found online and the shipping is less than the cost of gas.

all in all it was enjoyable

J T Bolt

Nov 4, 2007
    District 18
    Just got back. got some bubinga grips for the 1911. Can't afford TOO much more, what with the recent M1A purchase. No guns were shouting my name, anyway. Except maybe that Remington Model 11 12 gauge...

J T Bolt

Nov 4, 2007
    District 18
    Oh, and LOTS of $250 Yugo SKS's there this year. More PS90s than you can shake a stick at. The KRISS carbine is down to $1700 now.

I didn't notice any beef jerky. Shame.

Based on the t-shirts and bumper stickers, Barack Shamalamdingdong Obama is not a popular person.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Did anyone else notice the FN they had that was basicly a PS90 "upper" that was attached to an M4 lower. The magazine sat on top just like the PS90 and the spent rounds drop out of the M4's mag well. It was F-in sweet.

Last edited:

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Got 1000 rounds of .223 from Georgia arms, an aimpoint M2, picked up a few magpull mags and, three mags for my microtech STG-556. all and all not a bad haul.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    anyone going up sunday from southern md? my truck and its current 10mpg is my limiting factor i need a holster for my 1911

If i'd known earlier someone from the area was going up this weekend i wouldn't have gone alone today to the tune of 15mpg. all i bought was a holster for my ruger.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Thought it was a good show.

Saw some 5.56 Hirtenberger for $7.00 a box and Santa Barbara for $8.00 a box, should have bought some :banghead:

Picked up 4 NIW 30 rnd HK mp5 mags, 4 NIW(oil wax paper) Polish AK47 mags, and some cleaning supplys.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    While I was there today I was talking to one of the vendors selling Ar-15 uppers who informed me that there were guys using his uppers who were shooting 1/2" groups at 300 yards.

Right. :rolleyes:

I gave him some opportunity to back out of that statement before I informed him that even the most accurate of .308 rifles are at best around .25 MOA - i.e., 1/4" at 100 yards, so those are only going to get 1.5" groups at 300 yards. And he seems to think that his uppers on a semi-auto rifle shooting a .223 is going to do better than that.

The amount of unadulterated ******** a person can overhear at these shows is simply staggering. I had a few good opportunities to chuckle after hearing some choice lines used by various vendors trying to snag a sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom