• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...se-in-wake-colorado-massacre/?test=latestnews

You may not like Dingy Harry for his other liberal views but you have to respect the man for his support and defense of the 2A.

Harry Reid was the reason the Obamarxists got none of their anti-gun agenda passed during Obama's first and hopedlfully last 4 years.

People complained about the NRA for endorsing some Ds over Rs but this is the reason, the NRA endorses the individuals commitment and support of the 2A and let's the other lobbying groups worry about the other politics.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I don't like most of Reeds politics but you are right about his 2a support. The D or R next to the name doesn't always mean anti/pro gun.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Has the NRA said anything about Romney yet. I know he joined in 2006, 4 years after he signed those god awful laws for MA.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    We'll see if he opposes the UN arms treaty. If it is signed it is in full effect untill taken up by the Senate. If he keeps it off the floor it stays in full effect.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    We'll see if he opposes the UN arms treaty. If it is signed it is in full effect untill taken up by the Senate. If he keeps it off the floor it stays in full effect.

...are you sure about that? I don't think so.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Then I guess Reid was asleep when this got snuck in.

The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Schumer and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.Remember their names.

Schumer fired off this kicker:

“Maybe we could come together on guns if each side gave some,” Schumer said.

What is Schumer willing to give?

He suggested that Democrats make it clear that their goal is not to repeal the Second Amendment.

Oh. He realizes that they don’t have to repeal the Second Amendment, when they can “give” it away bit by bit.

Yea, Okay who will enforce that one?

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    I wish more RKBA folks would realize that there is a substantial population of pro-gun liberal minded people. We are allies in the cause not enemies. I love all my rights!

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    This is why we should support the NRA

I agree that other orgs have been more successful on specific issues, but they are the 500 lb gorilla. Bloomberg is trying to slice off segments of gun owners, the NRA is the only one who can resist that in a meaningful way.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-26/how-to-break-nra-s-grip-on-politics-michael-r-bloomberg.html[/URL]

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I don't like most of Reeds politics but you are right about his 2a support. The D or R next to the name doesn't always mean anti/pro gun.
    What's harder to believe is that listening to sound bites of Reid speeches from the senate floor in the mid-90s, he sounded reasonable. Hell, he was for auditing the fed and against illegal immigration! I had to listen twice, but it was him. I was flabbergasted.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    NRA did not endorse Reid.

However if Sharon Angle won, the Senate Majority Leader would be Chuck Schumer.

Watch the lovefest between Reid and LaPierre at the opening of the Clark County Shooting Range outside of Vegas. Reid got $61M for the range and complex.

Reid also vote against the Clinton AWB.

He may not get a letter grade from the ILA-PVF but the NRA has gotten him something better and that is $$$$.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I promise you, there will be another "puff piece" in American Rifleman about Harry Reid in the very near future, just like there was when he helped secure the funds for the range out in NV.

Reid may not be loved by all of us but at least he hasn't tried to totally dismantle the 2nd Amendment. Also because of his action (or lack thereof) as kingpin of the Senate, not much has gotten past him that will harm the 2nd Amendment.

Loved or hated, at least he sees that the 2nd Amendment is the 3rd rail of politics (for now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom