• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    Everyone leave the gunshow at the hoco fairgrounds as disappointed as I did this weekend? Nothing cool there, so I decided to pick this up from Mark at 2A.

Just kidding, but the gun show was lame as usual. I've been wanting a SCAR17 for quite awhile and Mark hooked me up big time, even got me a bunch of extra magazines! This will compliment my other quite nicely I think. I keep hearing this whispering in my head, it sounds like "duel wield... duel wield"

CIMG1216.jpg

CIMG1218.jpg

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Not exactly two of the kind, the one on the bottom is a SCAR 16S which is chambered in the 5.56 NATO. Two of a kind in the SCAR platform though. CONGRATS!!! I love my 17. She stays with me at night to keep me warm sometimes.

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    Sweet, see you got those hard to get 17 mags. You consider optics or other accessories?

Yea Mark came through big time with the Magazines.

I'm definitely considering an Aimpont M4 but am short on dough and interested in some other stuff. I'm eventually going to set up an M1A with a scope so I don't really feel like putting a magnified optic on this unless it was an ACOG. I like the Magpul Miad grip on everything and am a fan of the extended rail on my SCAR16 but may get away without it because the 17's receiver is longer so I'll have a little more grip surface. I'll leave the PWS brake on the barrel for awhile but I'll eventually switch it out to a Gemtech Bilock/Smith Vortex for when I get a Gemtech Quicksand :D

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    I've heard of many users mounting an ACOG or an Elcan Spectre DR for a little magnification. Maybe later this year I'll get my 17 to go with my 16. Congrats again.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Yea Mark came through big time with the Magazines.

I'm definitely considering an Aimpont M4 but am short on dough and interested in some other stuff. I'm eventually going to set up an M1A with a scope so I don't really feel like putting a magnified optic on this unless it was an ACOG. I like the Magpul Miad grip on everything and am a fan of the extended rail on my SCAR16 but may get away without it because the 17's receiver is longer so I'll have a little more grip surface. I'll leave the PWS brake on the barrel for awhile but I'll eventually switch it out to a Gemtech Bilock/Smith Vortex for when I get a Gemtech Quicksand :D

So Engage I have also been considering a quicksand because it was suppress both a 16 and a 17. Which breaks would you use on them?

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    I've heard of many users mounting an ACOG or an Elcan Spectre DR for a little magnification. Maybe later this year I'll get my 17 to go with my 16. Congrats again.

I would definitely consider an ACOG for it, I've been thinking maybe a aimpoint M4 too. Not sure yet, I have other stuff I could put another Aimpoint on so it could go either way. lacking funds hardcore now so that stuff can wait :(

So Engage I have also been considering a quicksand because it was suppress both a 16 and a 17. Which breaks would you use on them?

Only 2 options with Gemtech cans as far as I know. I have the Vortex style gemtech bilock mount on my SCAR16 you can see in the picture above and I have their birdcage style on my 16" AR. But i also have another vortex style on my on my 10" AR. I don't know man it's really preference. When I get into doing stuff to the scar it will have the vortex style.

CIMG1219.jpg

CIMG12081024x768.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom