• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forager

Imported curmudgeon
    Feb 12, 2012
    In the Lion's den
    How about a personal response to a "thank you" to them for their pro-Second Amendment stance?

Just received:

Starbucks said:
    Dear (me):

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws. I am truly happy to hear that you support and appreciate our gun policy!

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

We will be happy to see you in our stores today for Valentines Day! Thanks again for writing us to share your feedback and also for your support, have a beautiful day!

If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Sincerely,

(real signature, with an e-mail address and number to an actual office)

Forager

Imported curmudgeon
    Feb 12, 2012
    In the Lion's den
    FWIW, here's my original message to them:

Forager said:
    I would like to thank Starbucks for it's pro-Second Amendment stance. It's refreshing to find a company committed to social responsibility that understands that the right to self-defense is a civil and human right. Though I cannot exercise my rights in the State of Maryland (the "Free State" misnomer), I will continue to be a supporter of Starbucks in their stores and in their products.

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    I got the same reply after sending this message to them. Good for Starbucks.

This is simply a note of thanks to Starbucks management for making a decision to NOT infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens to legally carry firearms in your shops. I understand that your company is not actually endorsing gun rights, but the fact that you are willing to simply adhere to the local gun regulations, and not give in to the anti-gun groups that asked you to prevent the legal carrying of firearms inside your shops is commendable. I, as well as many millions of other gun owners and believers in personal rights applaude your decision and wish to thank you for your common sense on the matter.On this day (2/14), when anti-gun groups are attempting to boycott your establishments, I want to tell you that every gun owner I know either has or will be a happy customer in support of your policy. Myself, I will buy a coffee every time I drive past my local shop.Thank you, very much.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I believe that you are mislead if you believe that Starbucks is pro-gun or anti-gun. That letter is well crafted (my guess it was written by a lawyer) and no where in that letter does it state a position.

I will however give Starbucks A GIANT KUDOS for being non-discriminating, equal and fair to their customers for allowing open-carry in their stores where it is legal to do so. That is a lot more than most corporate owned stores in this country allow and it is the reason that I will continue to support Starbucks.:thumbsup:

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    I believe that you are mislead if you believe that Starbucks is pro-gun or anti-gun. That letter is well crafted (my guess it was written by a lawyer) and no where in that letter does it state a position.

I will however give Starbucks A GIANT KUDOS for being non-discriminating, equal and fair to their customers for allowing open-carry in their stores where it is legal to do so. That is a lot more than most corporate owned stores in this country allow and it is the reason that I will continue to support Starbucks.:thumbsup:

They are not anti-gun and made a corporate decision to allow open carry in their shops in the face of negative attention from the Brady bunch and other anti-groups. To me, that makes them pro-gun. Maybe they have not OFFICIALLY stated a position on guns; but actions speak louder than words.

How many other worldwide chain stores have adopted a similar policy and gone on record for it. I am sure there are lots of businesses that might look the other way if you open carry in their shops, but how many have openly defied the anti-gun movement like Starbucks?

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    They are not anti-gun and made a corporate decision to allow open carry in their shops in the face of negative attention from the Brady bunch and other anti-groups. To me, that makes them pro-gun. Maybe they have not OFFICIALLY stated a position on guns; but actions speak louder than words.

How many other worldwide chain stores have adopted a similar policy and gone on record for it. I am sure there are lots of businesses that might look the other way if you open carry in their shops, but how many have openly defied the anti-gun movement like Starbucks?

I agree, I like the way you explained that. The fact that they allow OC in thier stores goes a far way with me... I just wish it was legal in Maryland.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was formerly pretty anti-Fourbucks, but I've dropped a bundle on them since reading of their pro-law stance in Washington state. I was pleased to tell them so; I was afraid they were just another far-Left type business.

It would have been easy for them to take an anti-gun stance; I suspect it would have played very well with a lot of their core clientele. That they did not do so has earned them my respect, and my money.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

:thumbsup: I would rather have a buisness that does not have a political agenda and leaves me alone. They don't need to make up their own laws, or try to instigate confrontations without cause, that is bad buisness reguardless of the viewpoint. IMO their "decisive neutrality":D has helped them, large number of pro-gun people see it as a win, and buy coffee when they might not have before, the few truly anti-gun people probably won't change, they might protest and wave a sign around for a few minutes before getting bored protesting alone, then run in to get a coffee. Most other people don't really care, and forgot this was an issue 30 seconds after they saw the news story a few months ago. Personally, the open carry thing seems to have been good advertising for them, went to a starbucks for the first time in recent years after it aired, they were very buisy, I always conceal, and didn't see anyone OCing, but looked like they were doing well. I am not really a coffee drinker, but when I do get coffee I just want a decent cup of strong black coffee, not a grandemochafaggachino with sprinkles. Went back a couple times when they are convienient, I won't be their newest regular, but they are on my radar, mostly from the story.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    The only Starbucks here in New Bern are in Target and Harris Teeter. I already carry in thos e places......wish we had a stand alone Starbucks location. Everywhere I went today took me in the opposite direction of a Starbucks. Spent most of my driving time in the flippin' sticks.

Had a gun, though.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    : I am not really a coffee drinker, but when I do get coffee I just want a decent cup of strong black coffee, not a grandemochafaggachino with sprinkles.

Yeah, when they see me coming, they know to just ask me "Medium coffee?".

Yup. Customer is always right.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    I hate their coffee, but love their TAZO tea.

Since I do patronize them, I fired off an email of applause.

I'm LEOSA, so its nice to know I am welcome in their shops no matter where I happen to be.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Why NOT post in the 3rd thread.....?

Just bought a shirt online, not affiliated with SBUX whatsoever...

http://ilovegunsandcoffee.com/

Sticker_Small_4cfd5025b5a67_180x180.jpg

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was formerly pretty anti-Fourbucks, but I've dropped a bundle on them since reading of their pro-law stance in Washington state. I was pleased to tell them so; I was afraid they were just another far-Left type business.

It would have been easy for them to take an anti-gun stance; I suspect it would have played very well with a lot of their core clientele. That they did not do so has earned them my respect, and my money.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I have never been a fan of their coffee, but to take a common-sense stand on ANY issue speaks volumes, and earned them some of my hard-earned this afternoon.

Oh, yeah... And I promise that I will TRY to stop calling them Starstruck's (but with their core clientele being what it is, I can't guarantee anything!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom