• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Currently have a red dot mounted to the picatinney rail of the above referenced rifle. I was interested to know if anyone here has successfully installed open sights on a 308 Ruger American Ranch Rifle?

I have to stand corrected -- My rifle is a Ruger American Rifle (308) not Ruger American Ranch Rifle.

Last edited:

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    This is an easier option, potentially.

https://www.nodakspud.com/Ranch Sights.htm

Thanks - I looked at their website and it looks like their front sight is for the Ruger American Ranch Rifle not the Ruger American Rifle which I have (please see correction in my original post). My barrel diameter is .726" and doesn't match up with any of their offerings. I think I may be looking at gunsmith installation of at least the front sight.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Thanks - I looked at their website and it looks like their front sight is for the Ruger American Ranch Rifle not the Ruger American Rifle which I have (please see correction in my original post). My barrel diameter is .726" and doesn't match up with any of their offerings. I think I may be looking at gunsmith installation of at least the front sight.

Are you sure it’s not .730” ? Erwos linked front sight should work. I don’t think a Ruger barrel for the 7.62x39 is going to be larger in diameter than your .308 barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom