• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Great AAR - I have also been wanting to do a StB and tactical first aid course. Thanks for the review.
    I would have liked to have had more of the tac first aid in the shooting portion. But, to be fair, the course wasn't a bullets & bandaids thing, it was active threat response, so he had to balance some active threat shooting scenarios in there.

There's also the simple matter that I'm not sure at least half the class was up to something like "toss a TQ on your support arm, do some movement, shoot one-handed with your strong arm through a barricade". At a certain point, people's ability to process just gets maxed out and their performance is so bad that it's questionable how much learning is going on.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Sounds like a good class. I have been fortunate to receive some pretty good TCCC training in my life, including wazoo stuff like hardpointing and defending a room while treating a casualty. Wound prosthetics, Sim rounds, force on force, crazy lights, and death metal. Really over the top and ridiculous, but awesome in the context of the training I was receiving.

Out of curiosity, did this class provide training on junctional tourniquets? I only ask because I really only started getting regular training on those 3-4 years ago, and it is really good to practice when possible. Before that I had practiced them infrequently, been refreshed almost never, and always felt intimidated by the fact that there were these large areas between the limbs and trunk that I barely knew how to deal with.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Out of curiosity, did this class provide training on junctional tourniquets? I only ask because I really only started getting regular training on those 3-4 years ago, and it is really good to practice when possible. Before that I had practiced them infrequently, been refreshed almost never, and always felt intimidated by the fact that there were these large areas between the limbs and trunk that I barely knew how to deal with.
    Nope, just regular TQs. Assume a proper TCCC class might get there, but we only did a few hours of StB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom