• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    Just picked up Citadel levtak 92-
    Just wondering what accessories if any y’all are running (scopes, sights, forward grips, ect)
    Never owned a lever action so I’m unfamiliar with the actual mechanics of it so I was looking for any insight that will help me make it function better out of the box.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Never heard of it so I googled it. Simple lever action with an M Lok forend.

It already has a large lever loop so problem solved there. For the forend you'll want a handstop. I'd personally mount it backwards so the flat end faces the muzzle. This will provide your support hand a place to pull the rifle into your shoulder as you cycle the action.

If you want a light I'd go with the Haley Inforce light. Light and simple and momentary only. Its on or off when you tell it to be on or off, no silly strobe.

If its for defensive use a pistol style mini red dot. For hunting or range use a fixed 4 or 3x scope.

If you use it outside a 2 point sling and hardware.

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    Never heard of it so I googled it. Simple lever action with an M Lok forend.

It already has a large lever loop so problem solved there. For the forend you'll want a handstop. I'd personally mount it backwards so the flat end faces the muzzle. This will provide your support hand a place to pull the rifle into your shoulder as you cycle the action.

If you want a light I'd go with the Haley Inforce light. Light and simple and momentary only. Its on or off when you tell it to be on or off, no silly strobe.

If its for defensive use a pistol style mini red dot. For hunting or range use a fixed 4 or 3x scope.

If you use it outside a 2 point sling and hardware.

That’s exactly what I was looking for (how it cycles with accessories) I appreciate the insight, thank you very much!

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    This one has everything you need on it.

Tactical Lever Action Accessories List:

1) Peep Sight

List done. ;)

6022c41dd499906398d713adf3b527b2f3c222db4757f.jpg

Good looking rifle BTW...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I need a suppressed lever action. Just because I want to see rj1974 cry.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    AR to AR
    AK to AK
    Lever to lever

IDK about that sight radius of the peep to the rear to the front post.

I prefer old school wood and open sights for my levers but I do have a 3x9 on one of my Marlins. No safety either on any also.

If you're happy with it enjoy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A Lever Action doesn't need any accessories , it's already pure handling goodness in the original format . Seriously .

If you wish a peep sight , get a peep sight, but Not up forewards on the rail . Either a Lyman or Williams in traditional location , or Skinner Sight .

A scope will be a compromise on handling and one hand carry @ balance point , but for coke bottle vision , or certain hunting may be desireable . In that case ,you just bought the wrong ( incompatible) gun . Sell or trade for a Marlin or (modern) Henry instead of an M92 Clone . ( Not a Slam on M92 design , it's excellent and very strong . But top ejection is bad mix for scopes .)

Added - Not trying to deliberately offend to OP , but whenever I see a "Tacticool'd out levergun , my first thought is that it is bad joke , then shake my head at Mfgs that actually listened to clueless market researchers .

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I need a suppressed lever action. Just because I want to see rj1974 cry.

Marlin 1895 GBL and the Scilencerco Hybrid 46. It's a fantastic shooter, but I need to start reloading if I want to shoot it more often.

Attachments

• C229F39C-E5C3-4583-AF4E-094654666BA4.jpg
      C229F39C-E5C3-4583-AF4E-094654666BA4.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 126

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Very much, I have a short 35 yard range at home and I liked being a good neighbor. I use the cowboy action .38's in my Henry quite a bit, quiet for plinking.

If you want to lock yourself in my basement for a day, you are welcome to use my press. I have .38 dies.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When I think of lever action rifle accessories I think of Skinner sights and the saddle ring that replaces those unnecessary safties on the newer Marlins

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom