• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    https://www.oceancitytoday.com/news...yYy14t_CIz55SR2yWhNinFvf2PFTNQYOoYynepSSxyL00

(March 26, 2021) A temporary security zone controlled by the United States Coast Guard will be established approximately 8 miles off the coast of Ocean City from April 25 through May 8.

“The (local military) has determined that a security zone is needed for waterborne protection of the public, mitigation of potential terrorist acts, and the enhancing of public and maritime safety and security in order to safeguard life, property and the environment on or near the navigable waters near Ocean City,” according to a press release from the Coast Guard.

While the area is under Coast Guard control, it will be off limits to unauthorized boaters.

Capt. Monty Hawkins, of the Morning Star charter boat, said it was too early to tell how the cordoned-off stretch will affect fishing, but remained skeptical.

It if it ends on time, it will be fine for the beginning of Black Sea Bass season but its coming at the end of Tautog Season. I was hoping to catch the end of the spring Tautog season before the May 16th closure for 2 months but this may require me to take the long way out to the spot I like to go to

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    seems very strange to me. I would think it would just be closed off for training operations but why don't they just say it's for training??

Maybe a VIP is going to be fishing out there sometime between those dates or Did they find a crashed ufo or sink an enemy submarine? :tinfoil:

****I'm not gonna say it's aliens, but this sounds like aliens to me.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Oprah passed

Gail heard about it and committed suicide

Oprah dictated that she be cremated

Gails will said do what Oprah did

Their ashes are being spread at sea

Gonna take a lot of surface to spread all those ashes

Stedman weeps...

...tears of joy.

Why would CG publicize the work of an Intel agency (sources and methods related stuff) if they dint have to?

Trick Q. they don’t.

they could've just said the area was closed for training purposes instead of the bs quote below that raises a lot of questions.

“The (local military) has determined that a security zone is needed for waterborne protection of the public, mitigation of potential terrorist acts, and the enhancing of public and maritime safety and security in order to safeguard life, property and the environment on or near the navigable waters near Ocean City,” according to a press release from the Coast Guard.

While the area is under Coast Guard control, it will be off limits to unauthorized boaters.

Capt. Monty Hawkins, of the Morning Star charter boat, said it was too early to tell how the cordoned-off stretch will affect fishing, but remained skeptical.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Not for nothing but I’m guessing the “statement” was produced by somebody a lot more senior and higher up the food chain than the OinC at STATION OC ...who inevitably has to enjoy the scrutiny of locals who are not satisfied with the “language” and or wording of the notice.

In such a case as it bothers you so, might I suggest you draft and send a stiffly worded letter to the CG, the White House and your elected representatives.

Y’all get all the CG you pay for.

This...yet another...first world problem.

I might refer back to Oprah’s ashes...see post above. They have about as much relevance.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    A casual observation: Declaring what used to be called a temporary restricted area is a sure fire way to draw the attention of foreign intelligence assets. So we can look forward to them watching us watching them. Great training for both sides.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Why would CG publicize the work of an Intel agency (sources and methods related stuff) if they dint have to?

Trick Q. they don’t.

Why were there Soviet “fishing”boats, with more antenna than a bee hive, off the coast of NC every time we had amphib landing exercises at Onslow beach. The USCG had the duty to chase them off.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    My guess is the CG was bribed with hot RUSSIAN chicks (“...daywear....evening wear...”) and pepper vodka.

That and prolly the FN crayon eaters were misbehaved in the mutual local watering hole a couple nights ahead of the exercise...payback is a b1tch.

Maybe because the ordnance and weapons the CG had available onboard to run off said Russkies was USN hand me down and was completely unreliable. Refer please once again to y’all get all the CG ya pay for...

Who knows? Not me...

Last edited:

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    OK, I found some more info. The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency has sensors out there that look for ships, submarines, incoming threats ect. They are conducting training and testing this equipment. IDK why the coast guard couldn't just say that.

Im disappoint.. I really wanted it to be aliens.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/03/16/2021-05391/security-zone-north-atlantic-ocean-approaches-to-ocean-city-md

LOL. It’s a pity they can’t get this right, it’s not NGA, it’s an element of DIA who has water-born drones positioned. Many are about ~6’ in length, only clear the water enough to mount a small solar panel above the waterline and have not have their antenna obstructed. Many use wave propulsion and basically just loiter, sending data occasionally. But that’s just a guess.......:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom