• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Hi All,
    I'm sure many on this forum have seen some videos by Warrior Poet. Here's his home page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ZKDGCc5R67fVvLFSv-OLA

I generally like his videos and he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. Anyway, he's now marketing a 9mm built to his specs.

You can purchase here for non-member price of $1260 with Holosun 507c:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...51-rounds-with-holosun-hs507c-optic?a=2221721

I've been pretty much stock Glock since my first one and I'm looking to upgrade my game. His video claims you would definitely pay more if you wanted to build a similar package.

Any thoughts about the build and the upgrades?

Attachments

• WPS_JohnsGUN2.jpg
      WPS_JohnsGUN2.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 812

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Another ZEV with a different name

True but the P80 frame is honestly more comfortable then a standard Glock.

Mike is right though.

For $1200 a Glock better come with an extendable arm to give me HJs when i lose the competition

Edit: i also wanted to add that when he was discussing the “nubs” on the trigger guard and how he used them to help fulcrum the gun he looked like he was making that up lol.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co

Mike is right though.

For $1200 a Glock better come with an extendable arm to give me HJs when i lose the competition

Edit: i also wanted to add that when he was discussing the “nubs” on the trigger guard and how he used them to help fulcrum the gun he looked like he was making that up lol.

I did pick up a poly 80 for $110 about a week ago. I guess I'll work on pulling the parts together.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Mike is right though.

The only thing I understand about mods, an adjusted grip angle that gives you an immediate better presentation without any extra manipulation from the shooter to practice for.
    Other than that, not sure what a gold colored barrel does. Certainly doesn't help you land shots.
    Glock should just blow all these pistols out of the water and just cosmetically make one of these and sell the sh*t out of them for just a tad more over MSRP.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I did pick up a poly 80 for $110 about a week ago. I guess I'll work on pulling the parts together.

It’s your cash buy whatever you want bud! I’ll admit i am a fan of the P80 frame vs the standard Glock frame but I’ve always hit my target for the most part (left handed only shooting i always drop a round). I also feel like you could build that gun pretty damn close to what they are offering, or very similar.

I’m also not a competition shooter so maybe these upgrades will shave time.

I’m just a guy who doesn’t like his ankle chewed by dogs.

I just did the math and if you assembled everything in the war poet piece mail your looking around $1010 not including the threaded barrel and buying nothing on sale. My price also doesn’t reflect shipping on the items and i added a Zev brand trigger.

So in reality after transfer you should be able to build it cheaper if you do it correctly, but again you get no warranty so there’s that.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thanks. Really appreciate the feedback. I’m not a competition shooter either. I shot the day of the range shutdown and felt pretty good about my results. Just looking to get even better. I know that 1200 shooter isn’t going to do it. I just need to practice more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    FWIW John Lovell is a great guy. I use his cobranded Blue Alpha Gear belt for work. That does not make me a buyer of his pistol, but it looks cool. Probably a very nice gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom