• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I started collecting AK magazine which is pretty hard for us since we have to go to gun shows but I picked up a molot drum, triangle 66 Bakelite and a flur de les at the last few shows. I am trying to post pictures but having issues lol. I bought a translucent kalash concern magazine also which I like the look of.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have a krinkov and M92 SBR and pistols working on a 105 right now. Just saying my hobby has expanded since the full size guns are not a option now.
    I feel your pain. FSA2013 really put a crimp in my ability to acquire interesting new Israeli guns, since they're mostly short-ish bullpups. I have options at my disposal, but they're expensive enough that they're hard to justify with two kids in private school.

Instead, I've been focusing on training, which has been an excellent decision. There are just too many things you can't do on a static range, and it has forced me to get comfortable with things I previously had no incentive to do. When I get clever and run classes with something OTHER than an AR or a stock Glock, I also get much better insight into the limitations of various platforms.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Yeah AK mag collecting is fun... so many variants, so much history.

The really rare stuff is crazy expensive if you ever find it for sale. Here's a few unobtainiums:

%20%20545x39%20%207_zps0kcholwp.jpg

Plum-waffle-1.jpg

aluminum_proto_30_01.jpg

A few years ago when the Paki magazines were showing up there was also some really interesting stuff. The closest I'll ever get to owning a Russian plum waffle is a Paki knockoff.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ill admit to not totally getting mag collecting though its cool to have some of the more historically significant examples. Here is what I bought at a recent York show. Paid too much but at least got a couple bucks off on the pair, 2 EG bakelite AK74 mags the way they came back in the old days from the importer, in wax paper and paired in plastic. I have others from the era that I opened, these will remain as is!

From the old days I have bulgy waffles, Hungarian tankers, Hungarian 30s with the weird greenish park, Bulgarian, various Chinese, lots of good open the back drums, steel Polish 5.45 mags, Bulgy translucent 5.56. Recently got some new production Croatian mags which are pretty cool.

These are largely functional and pale in comparison to what some of the true mag collectors are coming up with.

Attachments

• 100_1982resize.jpg
      100_1982resize.jpg
      30.1 KB · Views: 248

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads