• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Yeah and now they go for $300 except for Russians that go for between $500 and $600 depending on the moon, the wind and the salinity of the Gulf of Mexico

$300 was awhile back. Yugos are selling from about $350-$500 depending on condition

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    $300 was awhile back. Yugos are selling from about $350-$500 depending on condition

Yeah, I've seen the Yugos going for that much too. No idea what the infatuation is. If you keep your ear to the ground you can still catch surplus-y Chinese in the low $300's if you jump on them when the sellers put them up.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    SLR106UR pistols are on sale, Kvar and GunBroker for $650-700.

From my research there were problems in the past but recent production should be fine. Mags are expensive though.

Give me a few days and I'll let you know if my 106UR works. Seller on GB even replaced the 20rd with another 5rd so I would have 2 mags... Sucks but glad he did that for me.

It was the mid 90s they had trouble. Mags are out there, pricey but not unobtainably pricey (e.g., $44 per mag, we have been spoiled by magpul).

I suspect unless new bans come up that we will see more SLR104s and SLR106s in the future. Then you have the very awesome Engage EA5.45 but those depend on the availability of parts kits.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Where are they now? All going somewhere in the middle east?

Assume you are referring to the rifle in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7h1jJ9FiPQ

Arsenal has historically produced, paused, produced paused all its product lines. They run what they can based on what they can import. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but I bought my first Arsenal in 1998 (an SLR95) and have acquired a number of others since. Ive never talked to one of them but I would say from a marketing perspective the intermittent releases works and keeps demand and prices high while producing less overall units (more $ per unit which is good if you are dealing with a finite amount of parts kits).

Engages EA5.45's are nice guns I have handled a few at their shop, assembly quality is every bit if not better than Arsenal and finish is head and shoulders above (most are ceracoted instead of the Arsenal finish which will dissolve with the wrong solvent). Only reason I haven't bought one is they haven't made the configuration I am looking for.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=215015

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I haven't been in this part of the forum in a while. Very surprised to find out what's happening with AK prices nowadays. Glad to have kept my Arsenal SGL21 and SAM 7 classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom