• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Got the R-01526 in 2010, still working well no letter. They don't make them like they used to!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ordered two pair Nov 7, delivered Nov 9; no email yet.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Not everyone is going to get this email. They are most likely reaching out to people who received a batch of counterfeit products from a third party seller. Sometimes, even if you order through Amazon as the seller, you will receive third party stock.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Not everyone is going to get this email. They are most likely reaching out to people who received a batch of counterfeit products from a third party seller. Sometimes, even if you order through Amazon as the seller, you will receive third party stock.

If they were made in China the green paint most likely contains lead.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Amazon has had Chinese knock offs for a while. The clue is if it seems like a fantastic deal it's probably a knock off. A few years ago I wanted a spare battery for my Cannon Rebel 79 bucks on Cannon 79 in Best Buy got one on sale for 49. On Amazon you can get one for anywhere from 24 to 4 for 12. Cannon even has on their website how to identify counterfeits. Back to guns didn't a manufacturer of red dot sights recently issue a warning about their products. Hell when I was at JHH had a batram chip that was failing and it turned out to be a Chinese knock off. The only way to tell was to remove it and x ray it. The battery was in the wrong place. So bottom line Amazon is complicit in this or completely stupid.

Buyer be ware.

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    Well, sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning, my refund came through in the form of a gift card balance on Amazon ($39.69). No notice or email was provided.

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    Just so happens a new e-mail came through this afternoon with some more information:

The gist is here --> "Howard Leight by Honeywell did not manufacture or supply the item you previously purchased through the Amazon.com website and it is not subject to Honeywell’s warranty. Because that product may present a safety risk, we strongly recommend that you stop using the item immediately."

They're also offering $5 off replacements (Sold by Amazon only, not 3rd party sellers) with code HONEYWELL5 at checkout

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Just so happens a new e-mail came through this afternoon with some more information:

The gist is here --> "Howard Leight by Honeywell did not manufacture or supply the item you previously purchased through the Amazon.com website and it is not subject to Honeywell’s warranty. Because that product may present a safety risk, we strongly recommend that you stop using the item immediately."

They're also offering $5 off replacements (Sold by Amazon only, not 3rd party sellers) with code HONEYWELL5 at checkout

Same experience here. Got the credit overnight and the email this afternoon.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I bought mine from Amazon, perhaps in 2015 and can hear gunshots just fine!!! Almost like I'm not wearing any muffs at all??? :lol: What's the problem?? I SAID what's the problem??? :lol2:

I have some I bought from a gun show and the one's from Amazon, and I can't tell the difference. I use them as spares or for guests at the range as I bought some MSA Sordin's that are absolutely kick ass protectors. They cost a lot more but I can hear range commands, etc.. even when near gunfire, etc... I guess the electronics are more sophisticated.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    They are crediting my account. They don't even want me to send it back. I looked at the pair I use as my primary and the product code is different. R-02524 vs. the one they told me to stop using R-01526.

I bought that model back in 2013. Hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom