• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Gave the Ithaca to my father in law for a birthday present today. He was very happy to say the least :D

Very nice of you. I'm sure he liked that a lot.

Congrats on a classy move!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    What's not to love , I would be all over that .....................only problem it would cost me another 1,500.00 to buy another safe to put them in ..............

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The PH looks like a 1200 super and may have been manufactured in Birmingham England It should have European walnut with rosewood grip caps, a palm swell and be wrap around hand checkered. It will also have a Mauser claw extractor, adjustable trigger with hooded front site and a magnum cross bolt with an Oberndorf style aluminum trigger guard and floor-plate release. The barreled action will also be superbly inlet into the stock with a deep polished blue finish. They were imported through navy arms jana and a few other companies. Its basically a factory offering of all the best attributes that sporter builders were after and hard to beat for performance and value because of its ability to maintain accuracy while remaining light weight until a scope is added. They were around 700$ late 80's early 90's new. I dont know what you could get for it now and hate to compare it to the other rifles on the table without starting a fuss but its the one I would go for first as far as the rifles are concerned. The only detraction from it in my view is that the mauser incorporated safety features have been disable by streamlining the bolt sleeve to facilitate the adjustable trigger and the bottom metal is aluminum. Should be an excellant shooter.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Nice haul. With the 3 removed, you should be able to double your investment with very little to no effort. Come close to trippling if you want to grind out the sales a bit.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    1. Nice haul with regards to some quality firearms.
    2. If you didn't know the parties involved, I would worry about it being stolen (to be blunt) given the overall price. It's a proverbial "steal"; so yeah, you did well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    wow man!!! great haul! The P&H is so nice, along with the Benelli. The rest? well....I'd take a nice cruise on the bay, which would result in a tragic boating accident....... ;)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    And here it comes...

First time I see the guy at work today and he's trying to guilt me into selling him back the 141 for $100 :facepalm:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    1. Nice haul with regards to some quality firearms.
    2. If you didn't know the parties involved, I would worry about it being stolen (to be blunt) given the overall price. It's a proverbial "steal"; so yeah, you did well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That would be my worry. I don't normally buy used guns, but if somebody offered me all those for $1,000, HOLY SMOKES, I would be all over it but there would be alarm bells going off in my head if I did not know the person really well. As already mentioned, the two 10/22 rifles and Benelli Super 90 are probably worth the asking price for the entire group.

Is there any way for the OP to check if any of the firearms have been reported stolen, other than going to the police and asking?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And here it comes...

First time I see the guy at work today and he's trying to guilt me into selling him back the 141 for $100 :facepalm:

That's so weird.

Maybe I misunderstood. They were your co-worker's guns, and he was selling them to get the cash proceeds to help a family member? Or they were the family member's guns and the co-worker was helping sell them?

If they were the co-worker's guns, I'm surprised that he didn't know the approximate value of them. For example, the laminate Ruger 10/22 probably is less than 10 years old, and lightly used is a $250-300 gun.

I assumed it was the family member selling, and this person needed cash fast. Hence the great price with the request to take all. But perhaps it was part of a much larger collection and, whomever the seller was, they were just thinning the herd.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's so weird.

Maybe I misunderstood. They were your co-worker's guns, and he was selling them to get the cash proceeds to help a family member? Or they were the family member's guns and the co-worker was helping sell them?

If they were the co-worker's guns, I'm surprised that he didn't know the approximate value of them. For example, the laminate Ruger 10/22 probably is less than 10 years old, and lightly used is a $250-300 gun.

I assumed it was the family member selling, and this person needed cash fast. Hence the great price with the request to take all. But perhaps it was part of a much larger collection and, whomever the seller was, they were just thinning the herd.

They belonged to his cousin and he was tasked by his aunt with selling them to generate some quick cash for him.
    I think he knew the value, in fact he tried to sell me on them being worth a bit and an easy flip. I asked him why didn't he just throw the $100 into the pot and remove the gun from the lot before he presented them to me. Perhaps he wasn't prepared for me to be prepared to buy so quick. The initial asking was $1200 and the Ithaca wasn't on the original list that he showed me at work.
    I stayed at his house for about 30mims hemming and hawing a bit and go ogling some of the guns on my phone and he piped up with $1000 and I immediately accepted. :D

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Wards western field 410 $150
    Ithaca 16g SxS $300
    Savage model 340d .222 $550
    Remington game master model 760 270win $450
    Springfield Steven's 87a 22lr $400
    Winchester 1400 12g $400
    Marlin 336 30-30 $500
    Parker hale 270w $500
    Benelli super 90 20g $800
    Remington game master 141 35remington $450
    10/22 laminate $350
    10/22 (with a funky side folding pistol grip stock) $250

Well, just a quick GunBroker check (by no means a thorough or exhaustive search in any way), the above bolded prices represent a general value for these guns in average condition. The total comes to $5100. So your $83/gun cost turned into $425/gun value. And should their real value equal just half of this, $2550 still represents more than double your money.

So in other words, yeah, I think you done good. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom