Emailling 5320.20 Forms? Anyone done it successfully?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Just sent in my annual requests for 5320.02 transport forms. It appears you can now send in via Fax or email. Has anyone successfully done this? I am a bit apprehensive to send via email as I need these back by the end of November.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The new form came out in August and it states you can email/fax the forms in addition to mailing.

That makes sense. I'll have to find the new form. That will make it easier. I wonder if the turn around time will improve?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I probably won't be going anywhere until at least this next Spring, so I'm sure I'll hear from someone before I've got to worry about it. Just because it's an email, doesn't mean the sign off is going to be fast. It just allows them to fire the mail clerk.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks, I have a list of address' sitting right here!

Just sent off 4 9/22/16
    Nice PDF interaction, fill out the top one and the bottom one, or second copy, automatically fills in, saved them to files and attached them to an email/fax address.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Last one I did was more than a year ago and I'm think it was over 30 days, probably closer to 40 days. This is going by memory, and I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. :innocent0

JsbsMarine

Sep 11, 2015
    Wow, glad to see email is an option. I hope this doesn't go the way of the eforms...
    I'm about to shoot some out, will be submitting email also.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I'm in the process of moving and it'll be nice to be able to scan / email these forms in instead of snail mailing them. These fill-able pdf's are really nice, I can save a form filled out for each of my NFA items and just change the date / sign / email in when I want to take it out of state... awesome.

As a side note, moving with a bunch of NFA items sucks, both in having to fill out a bunch of these 3 line only Form 20's, but in also figuring out how to move them while keeping positive control AND not letting your movers know about them... SUX!

-Jim

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    figuring out how to move them while keeping positive control AND not letting your movers know about them... SUX!

Note that (and you may know this already) if you're using movers to move them, you are required by law to give the movers a copy of the approved 5320.20 to carry with them while they are moving the items.

If you're moving them yourself, just keep the 5320.20s with you.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Note that (and you may know this already) if you're using movers to move them, you are required by law to give the movers a copy of the approved 5320.20 to carry with them while they are moving the items.

If you're moving them yourself, just keep the 5320.20s with you.

Thanks for the advise! I'll be moving all of my firearms, and my safe, and especially my NFA stuff myself and will keep the *.20's on me, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Needless to say, I'll be driving VERY conservatively :)

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom