• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In my humble opinion, I'd suggest that you buy a 10/22 rifle and replace the parts you want to replace. I don't know of anyone selling Ruger 10/22 receivers, so an after market receiver is what you'll buy. Which may cost as much as a used 10/22 rifle.

Good luck whichever way you go!

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I second that. Unless you want a high end part with an integral rail and all the bells and whistles, it make more sense to buy a cheapo 1022 and cannibalize it.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    2A sales is a Tactical Solutions dealer. Talk to them about getting one of the tacsol receivers, they are top notch. If you are going to build a 10/22 from scratch, then don't use a ruger receiver! The tacsol/tactical machining receivers are worlds better. A couple of years ago Joe at SureShot firearms transferred a couple of TM 10/22 receivers for me and I've really enjoyed the rifles I built from them.

-Jim

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    2A sales is a Tactical Solutions dealer. Talk to them about getting one of the tacsol receivers, they are top notch. If you are going to build a 10/22 from scratch, then don't use a ruger receiver! The tacsol/tactical machining receivers are worlds better. A couple of years ago Joe at SureShot firearms transferred a couple of TM 10/22 receivers for me and I've really enjoyed the rifles I built from them.

-Jim

You can purchase a new Ruger 10/22 for less than $200 and the Tactical Solutions receiver is just shy of $500.

Please educate me on why their receiver is worth the price.

The use of a paper clip to remove the bolt is hooky, for that price one would think they would add a tool for that function.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    You can purchase a new Ruger 10/22 for less than $200 and the Tactical Solutions receiver is just shy of $500.

The use of a paper clip to remove the bolt is hooky, for that price one would think they would add a tool for that function.

I actually hadn't seen the price on the tacsol receiver. I assumed it was in line with the other receivers of similar design... Apparently it's not. The Tactical Machining receivers are $129.00 and their value is obvious.

-Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD

There is Tactical Solutions, which are every bit of the $495:

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-receiver/

There is Tactical Machining, which are every bit of the $195:

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/100-receivers/tm-22-receiver-13.html

There is also Tactical Innovations, which are every bit of the $145:

http://www.tacticalinc.com/matte-bl...iver-br-available-with-match-bolt-p-5154.html

the differences in the names are small but they are 3 different companies, I can personally speak to the quality of the TI (Tactical Innovations) AR & 10/22 receivers. In fact my next rifle will be on of their stainless steel receivers with the full rail.

the quality of machining and manufacture from higher quality materials is why they are worth it. Kidd bolts, and other Kidd components run this much if not more. When It comes to accuracy it's a game of tolerances, and these guys have it.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    KIDD receiver is $170+. Integral rail and tolerances are much tighter. You can probably weld up a ruger receiver but it will be a **LOT** of work. Like comparing a RIA 1911 to a Wilson Combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom