• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't know if you can still do this. But in the past, if you had paperwork not disapproved, when you went to the store to pick up, you could buy a second pistol with no paperwork. As long as you did not step out of the store once you took possession of the first one.

This was pre-one gun a month.

Long gun, yes. You can buy as many as you like on one set of papers/nics call.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    seems dumb that you can't give all your info over the phone, or even fax copies of DL, passport etc and completed forms up front. Then when approval comes in and waiting period is over, you actually go to the store, provide original signatures etc as needed, pay and take the new toy home.

I know. I just bought a car 2 months ago and did all negotiations and paperwork by phone/email. When it was done, I went to the dealership at my convenience to drop the deposit check and pick up the car.
    But of course we're talking guns here. Cars are cute, fluffy, and not deadly at all... :sarcasm:

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    FFLs ship guns back and forth between themselves all the time. If you purchase a handgun on the internet you send credit card info and your FFL's info the seller, they process your payment and ship the gun to your FFL to do the paperwork.

On one of my remote purchases, I went to my FFL and asked if I could take the paperwork home. They replied that they needed to see me fill it out in the store. I don't know why..

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I know. I just bought a car 2 months ago and did all negotiations and paperwork by phone/email. When it was done, I went to the dealership at my convenience to drop the deposit check and pick up the car.
    But of course we're talking guns here. Cars are cute, fluffy, and not deadly at all... :sarcasm:

Heck, I know of car sales were the buyer never set foot in the same state as the selling dealer. :)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I took the original post to mean the entire transaction was with one FFL. When you think about the gun store that lost the straw purchase lawsuit for millions of dollars, why would an FFL do this. The time for scrutiny is when your are filling out the forms. Picking up a firearm is a different dynamic.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Interesting....

Attachments

• pistol.jpeg
      pistol.jpeg
      6.2 KB · Views: 70

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I took the original post to mean the entire transaction was with one FFL. When you think about the gun store that lost the straw purchase lawsuit for millions of dollars, why would an FFL do this. The time for scrutiny is when your are filling out the forms. Picking up a firearm is a different dynamic.
    Yes, that was my original intent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom