• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Are we talking two different Philly area shows? I don't know about the Philly Armory, but I have been to several shows at the Philly Expo Center in the Oaks. Most of those shows are 1,000 tables, and the big show every March is closer to 2,000 tables.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Are we talking two different Philly area shows? I don't know about the Philly Armory, but I have been to several shows at the Philly Expo Center in the Oaks. Most of those shows are 1,000 tables, and the big show every March is closer to 2,000 tables.
    It's PA so yes there are different venues
    I've been to both as I have mentioned.
    Oaks is northwest of Philly and the only one IMO worth any driving to unless you are already in the area which is usually my case.

bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    Anyone at the show today (Friday)?

If so how is it? I might make the trip out there today if it's worth it.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    How was the show? Anyone?

I got there early. Waited in line to buy tickets (no, they didn't start selling them until the doors opened at 3pm). At least there were three entrance lines to buy tickets and get inside today. More vendors there than I can ever remember, and pretty much every table space was filled. Packed is more like it. Two guys selling jerky (the usual suspects), lots of leather guys (belts/holsters), several knife vendors (custom as well as mainstream brands, plus cheap junk). Lots of ammo vendors, prices didn't seem outrageous, but I didn't find the vendor I was looking for (TomKat). Layout was pretty much the same as every other one. Started to get crowded after 4pm as folks got off work. It's going to be packed this weekend based on the scuttlebutt from some of the show workers. Several custom holster makers, and at least one guy there making kydex stuff while you wait. Several of the Asian optic and light vendors. Didn't see any great deals on anything, but I picked up some little tidbits that I wanted. Lots of pistols for sale... hundreds, maybe a thousand. Lots of AR stuff, too. Overall, great show. :thumbsup:

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    It is crowded but lines not bad, also bigger as they have opened up another area to left and significantly expanded. Just walked out with ammo, a new streamlight, and some cleaning supplies. Good show.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    On my way back now. Good show overall. Left with a bag of AR parts. Quantico Tactical had very good prices on Magpul stuff. Also got a real nice leather belt too. My dad picked up a Remington bucket of .22lr for $100 (1400rds) from a guy in the center of the main hall. He was the only one with reasonable .22 prices. Every one else was well north of $0.10 a round. Gun prices were a bit high, at least the stuff I looked at. With the new addition its the biggest show around by far.

I had an enjoyable walk around on Friday.
    Seemed to have three manufacturers of ammo there... Usually just Georgia Arms. Lots of ammo at decent(ish) prices.
    Quite a lot larger than normal with the second hall opened.
    Most of the usual vendors were there in their regular positions.
    There was someone close to the enterence offering to do Maryland transfers.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    How was the show? Anyone?

The Chantilly show has really sucked the last few years, but I was pleasantly surprised this time. A lot of vendors I hadn't seen before. A lot of interesting C&R guns you don't see that often (not that I could afford them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom