• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Factory Stag barrels don't exactly command a premium when PSA and other companies can undercut them on price - but I see your point.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Maybe, but it's a toss-up on whether or not anyone's going to want one. Everyone likes to bring up the outdated "list" and bag on Stag.

I didn't want to take this thread over but it seems pretty slow now.

It stills seems worth the effort to get a new barrel from Stag and save it for a full auto/mag dump upper where you don't have to worry about shooting out a nice barrel messing around.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I didn't want to take this thread over but it seems pretty slow now.

It stills seems worth the effort to get a new barrel from Stag and save it for a full auto/mag dump upper where you don't have to worry about shooting out a nice barrel messing around.

That's always an option, and honestly not a bad thought process.

The downside is you're going to have to yank everything apart when your upper gets back from Stag, AFAIK they won't just ship you out a barrel assembly. They're going to send a prepaid shipping label, you send the entire upper in and they do the barrel replacement and send the upper back to you.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    That's always an option, and honestly not a bad thought process.

The downside is you're going to have to yank everything apart when your upper gets back from Stag, AFAIK they won't just ship you out a barrel assembly. They're going to send a prepaid shipping label, you send the entire upper in and they do the barrel replacement and send the upper back to you.

Yea I was wondering how long that takes for someone who knows what they are doing (he is installing a new barrel so figured he knows how) to take one off. If it can be done in an hour or 2, seems worthwhile.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yea I was wondering how long that takes for someone who knows what they are doing (he is installing a new barrel so figured he knows how) to take one off. If it can be done in an hour or 2, seems worthwhile.

Taking everything apart isn't the hassle, IMO.

Sending the complete upper back, waiting for the uppers return - to blow it apart and put in your chosen barrel, that's the part that'd annoy me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom