• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Being a NRA Instructor is great because you get the oppurtunity to strengthen our 2A Rights through promoting a sport that can provide individuals with a lifetime of enjoyment. You can gain satisfaction that you've imparted skills and knowledge that can allow an individual to provide for the safety and protection of themselves and their loved ones. You can get the satisfaction that you teach children to be gun safe and gun smart. You may get the satisfaction that you started a youngster on a journey that could take them to the Olympics.

Being an NRA Certified Instructor can also get you more than just a mountain of satisfaction. Right now you can also get.....

25% Discount from Blackhawk Products
    40% Discount from Crimson Trace Grips
    25% Off All Aimpoint Sights, Mounts and Accessories
    30% Off Galco Gunleather

Your purchases can also get the NRA a 10-20% donation of your purchase too

From time to time, you can also get discounts on Rifles, Pistols and Revolvers.

Just something to think about being an NRA Cerified Instructor. Membership does have its' advantages.

Who knows, if your a good instructor, you can even turn it into a career or just provide a 2nd income to support the sport that you love.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    That would be a pretty cool gig, even for just a side job. Norton and Spot77 should think about it :) They did an excellent job teaching me safety and basic technique when they took me to On Target.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Damn, I didn't know that! I have never seen that on the websites Huckleberry, some more info would definitely be appreciated and thanks for the heads up.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Any NRA Counselor, Instructor or Coach should be getting the "NRA Shooting Education Update". It is published quarterly (W,SP,S,F) has has a ton of good information about and not just about discounts. The issue also contains your 2009 Trainers' Catalog for order your course materials, student packets, Intructor Apparel, etc....

One big note is that they're still looking for volunteer Instructors and RSOs to run the shooting sports at the 100th Anniversay BSA Jamboree.

If you can't find a sign up on the training website then just give a jingle to to Education & Training Staff.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Aimpoint Prices
    These are just examples, the whole Aimpoint line is available

CompM2 4 MOA MSRP $510 Instructor $382.50

3X Magnifier MSRP $556.00 Instructor $417.00

CompM2 Package (Same as Army Issue - Includes CompM2, QRP and Spacer)
    MSRP $630.00 Instructor $472.50

Don't know how this compares with the "street price" but 10% of all sales goes to NRA.

These NIB and you're limited to only 2 Sights per year. Not sure about limits on accessories. Orders can be faxed, mailed or ordered on line. Shipping Charges are extra. No MD Sales Tax.

Last edited:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Wow, never received that update or the news letter, guess I'll give em a ring tomorrow. Again, thanks for the heads up!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Glad to help. I've been talking up instructing but I need to knock off the rust and get back in front of a class.

Also, the Update can tell instructors how to get the home validation packets for RSO, Reloading Disciplines and Refuse to Be A Victim to add to your credentials.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Glad to help. I've been talking up instructing but I need to knock off the rust and get back in front of a class.

Also, the Update can tell instructors how to get the home validation packets for RSO, Reloading Disciplines and Refuse to Be A Victim to add to your credentials.

Where is the Jamboree at? I wouldn't mind volunteering to help out if it is not a 2 days drive and the timing is good. I am not an NRA instructor though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guest123

Latest threads

Top Bottom