• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Now you have to arrange for more kid's sick days to coincide with UPS/Fedex deliveries or risk really surprising the Mrs. with just how many can be shipped right to the house! BTW, you better convert the safe into an ammo locker and start looking for an upgrade. It took me more than 10 years to outgrow it and you managed it in less than 10 weeks! :lol2:

I know right. Darn thing is filling up fast and I got my eye on two more rifles :innocent0

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    I've been sitting on this shiny new C&R license for almost 5 weeks now. Finally got my butt in gear. After doing a lot of reading of opinions on this site I went with SOG and ordered not 1 but TWO guns.

tumblr_lmjv1ayANt1qib6pb.png

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    When I bought my safe the dealer said always go bigger than you think you need and he reminded me that he did not take trade ins. I really wish I had listened!! if I ever build another house a vault will be a priority. :D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!! :rockon:
    The P1 looks to be in incredibly good shape. Feels so good. The cz50 looks well worn(idk how used it was though). I don't want to sound too picky on my first purchase, but I did pay for handpick and the grip is cracked by the magwell on the cz. Is that something I should complain about? :shrug:
    Also, I assume I should definitely have them looked at by someone who knows what they're looking at before firing them. Because I'll be honest and say that other than looking for obvious cracks, dings, malformations, etc I don't really know what Im looking at :confused:

IMAG1235_zps3ig3y4ow.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think the grip cracks on the CZ 50 are pretty standard. I seem to recall gluing mine.
    Does yours say NB50 or something on the front strap? That's police/secret police, I believe. Others have commercial markings on the slide. What's the left side say?

Congratulations, by the way! Those both look great! Does your wife believe you now? Of course you can receive eligible handguns in interstate commerce: you are the holder of a Federal Firearms License!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The marking look the same as all the pics I have found on the internet, nothing special.

One odd thing is it doesnt seem to want to feed ammo. Obviously I havent been to the range, I just got them today. But just during inspection I loaded up the mag and tried to rack it and the rounds get stuck almost perpendicular to the barrel :shrug:

The p1 seems to operate flawlessly however :D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    IDK what that means, but from what Ive read from searching it sounds like a mag/ammo issue.

Note to self: DON'T google questions about guns unless you want to feel a little depressed.
    I found some answers scattered on old forum posts. Problem was when they mentioned how much they paid for the guns 7 or 8 years ago($89) :sad20:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Sent the CZ50 back for exchange. What I got in return is 1000% better. Mag looks near new. The whole slide looks near new with no wear. Grips are 100% and no problems loading rounds into the chamber.
    Can't wait to shoot it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom