• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    PM me where you are seeing take downs in stock. I've searched, should've bought the one that was here in the classifieds....

I have one, Mossy Oak, stainless, non-threaded.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I wouldnt squabble over $1, thats ridiculous. But If i find something $100 cheaper somewhere and my LGS cant at least match it I would go local. I dont buy into the pitting one against the other, thats unfair.

My $1 example was a hypothetical, to explain the pitting store against store.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It never huts to ask.

Sometimes a LGS will be able to price match and still make a profit. Every shop has different overhead costs and needs to make a different profit margin per sale to keep the doors open.

I will freely admit that at times regular customers can get good occasional deals because I know that what I missed out on this time will come back in future sales. It really does pay to be loyal to the shops you like and frequent, even if it isn't us.

My only issue (and this is NOT directed at the OP) are shoppers who act like shop owners have a duty to give stuff away at or below cost because we are all on the same team, and then cry gouging when the LGS cant match online only deals.

I can agree with that. I would not badger anyone about it, nor would I complain about an adverse response. Just asking a question. I have an inquiry into the shop I just purchased a gun at a few weeks ago. Waiting to hear back. I would definitely be apt to stick to one shop that would take care of me if they can consistently provide competitive pricing. A couple shops that I've browsed in the past were FAR less than competitive and inflexible.

I was once told, while deal hunting, that if I couldnt afford a gun that maybe I should find another hobby :rolleyes:

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    I do not play one against the other either. I have asked IPs for their best price on a specific item and then compared those prices to a non IP that I have used prior to finding this site. I then buy from whom I feel is the best deal factoring in driving time, driving cost, convienience, item price, and customer service. If they want to make a sale it is in their best interest to not play price games or be rude either.

An IP treated me great on one item and I have gone back and purchased my accessories from him for that. In another instance I bought from the non IP for a few bucks more because the IP with the best deal was a bit too rude for my liking.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not so favorable response from LGS regarding price. Did find out that the PA ffl I mentioned unfortunately will not sell over the counter to MD :rolleyes: however they will ship up to 3 15/22s for ONE $20 shipping fee. Anyone up for a group buy? :D

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Maybe I'm fuggin this up, they do make one in SS with a threaded barrel,...... correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom