• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Received my license the other day. Noticed a misprint on my address. Someone mistyped and put a u in place of k in my street name.

I called fflc and they advised that I need to keep a copy and return original with request to correct it. When I asked if I can still use for a purchase I had planned she stated she couldn't say but implied she didn't think so. She seemed stumped how I even got the letter with the misprint in delivery address :rolleyes:

Any thoughts? I was planning a purchase and can't imagine they are going to be quick on returning my license.

Thanks

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    My thoughts are these;

-You have a C & R license now issued to you by BATFE;
    -It has a typo error only, that does not invalidate the license;
    -To use it for a FTF purchase will not imply any attempt at fraudulent use;
    -It will be a problem for online sales, since the vendor will only send to the address on the license.

Just my opinion, IANAL

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    House number error... or zip code error. I can imagine... but a letter on street name... ?!?

Just thinking out loud.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    My thoughts are these;

-You have a C & R license now issued to you by BATFE;
    -It has a typo error only, that does not invalidate the license;
    -To use it for a FTF purchase will not imply any attempt at fraudulent use;
    -It will be a problem for online sales, since the vendor will only send to the address on the license.

Just my opinion, IANAL

I agree with this. Face to face purchases should be fine but avoid using it online until you get a new one.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I had the same thing happen to me when I renewed mine last year. I contacted them and they told me not to use the c&r with the error on it. I had a new one a week or two later.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Received my license the other day. Noticed a misprint on my address. Someone mistyped and put a u in place of k in my street name.

I called fflc and they advised that I need to keep a copy and return original with request to correct it. When I asked if I can still use for a purchase I had planned she stated she couldn't say but implied she didn't think so. She seemed stumped how I even got the letter with the misprint in delivery address :rolleyes:

Any thoughts? I was planning a purchase and can't imagine they are going to be quick on returning my license.

Thoughts on what? The only address allowed for shipment or transfer is the one on your Federal Firearms License. If you represent the address as yours in F2F transactions, it's a felony.

I fail to see what the question is.

Sorry you got effed by the Gee, but you need to wait until you get a corrected copy.

This sort of chicanery is the exact thing that anti-gun douchebags look for as examples of reasons to take away our rights. Let's not add more fuel to their fire.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    My faith is somewhat restored. Before I did as instructed on phone and mail back paperwork for correction, I figured I would send an email to check if a better option was available.

A couple hours after I sent the email I received a phone call from a nice lady apologizing for the error and advising she corrected it and mailed the replacement. I should receive the corrected license within 5 to 7 days. When I receive it I should just shred the incorrect one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom