• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I suggest we need another rally. A big one.

Far enough in advance and widely publicized to get good turn out. But before they vote on the bill to send to MoM. It needs to be on a day when both chambers are in session, on their respective floors. That way they can hear us.

We need lots of signs, patriotic music, and speakers. We can take turns reading our prior testimonies, or anything else over the PA.

Overflow Lawyer's Mall, spill out onto the streets.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What would the rally do?

We already know the media will be disingenuous. No politician will be in Annapolis, they will be home with their family.

Dan-o

fly in the wall
    Dec 6, 2009
    Hagerstown
    Guys they aren't there on Saturdays. We don't need to stand and talk. We need to swarm their offices. We need to catch them in the hallways. We need to offer to take them to the range. We need to educate them and we need to be relentless. I've visited over 40 offices in two trips to Annapolis and am working on schedules ti get two delegates (one a lib dem) to the range. DO NOT LET UP.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Rallies don't accomplish much. Invading their offices might have more of an effect. Filing civil rights lawsuits would have even more of an effect.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    If not a rally, some other sort of event to keep the momentum. How about a lobby day in DC for the national anti-gun bills? I guess the 3/23 shoot will be sort of a defacto rally type event. Too bad I will be in another anti-gun state for a conference.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Maybe someone can arrange a "Legislator at the Range Day" on a Saturday or Sunday at AGC, with invitations to all delegates and senators, and the govna's office, etc., as well as everyone pro-gun that we can muster for a rally. Even if none of them show up, we could still get the media attention that they were invited for the purpose of letting them actually shoot the guns they are banning in ignorance...

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    This.

We need a day to go to Annapolis.

For what it is worth, I agree. We need another event in Annapolis and likely it needs to be taking letters to the individual offices of the members of the committees still holding onto the bills. I want to point out this need not be an all day event as people have jobs and can't take much (any) more time off. Takes a couple of hours at most to take letters around, if you have more time and can wait you should be able to talk with some of the delegates and senators. I think they can't deny letters like they can delete emails. May have to be on one or two days or even a week if we have the time, but the time is growing short. Just my thoughts...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Maybe someone can arrange a "Legislator at the Range Day" on a Saturday or Sunday at AGC, with invitations to all delegates and senators, and the govna's office, etc., as well as everyone pro-gun that we can muster for a rally. Even if none of them show up, we could still get the media attention that they were invited for the purpose of letting them actually shoot the guns they are banning in ignorance...

March 23 @ Delmarva Sportings Clays :)

Sep 16, 2009
    I think local rallys are best now. Have everyone in your home county pinpoint one particular politician, have a rally in front of their local office. This was done today in Cecil County-Rising Sun in front of Delegate Dave Rudolph's office. A large crowd came out, the newspapers were there and I think it was well worth the effort. It is a lot easier to fight in your own backyard than to drive to Annapolis.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I think local rallys are best now. Have everyone in your home county pinpoint one particular politician, have a rally in front of their local office. This was done today in Cecil County-Rising Sun in front of Delegate Dave Rudolph's office. A large crowd came out, the newspapers were there and I think it was well worth the effort. It is a lot easier to fight in your own backyard than to drive to Annapolis.

Anyone have Brian Frosh's address?

I bet we could raise quite a crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom