• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    The wife and I have been several times to the local archery digs and decided to get into the bow scene with hunting being the ultimate adventure when we think we have the skill set down. All I am looking for right now is an opinion on my choice of bows to start this new hobby. I think that the bow I have chosen is a good place to start,...what do you real archers have to say?

http://shop2.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/pse-rally-compound-bow-ready-to-shoot-package.aspx?a=927061

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    That's a good starter bow for you both, but be prepared to wait for her bow. They have not started production of the left handed bows and won't until March of this year. I found that out after ordering my PSE Stinger 3G. Maybe they have started with the Rally, I hope they have, you can both have fun together.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Visit some local shops and shoot as many different ones as needed. Kinda like dating, when you find the right one you wll know. When I was looking for a new bow, I thought I knew what I wanted. That was until I shot it and didn't like it. Luckily I found a match for me not long after.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    70% let off is quite a bit difference from most that are 80% its not a bad price...but it comes down to personal preference...what feels good for you to shoot may not be right for me or someone else...bows are custom fit for each person...Does your wife like the same bow?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    We're trying different ones. Thanks for the input. They won't be used to put meat on the table every day, however, I will have backups for the backups....if you know what I mean. I'm not shooting for the Olympics.....

you get what you pay for...literally. I wouldnt get something too cheap. But dont bust out $1000 dollars for something you wont use that much...find a happy medium...Try the G5 hammer my wife liked hers and it was super easy to draw...she opted to sell it once she had shoulder surgery and couldnt use it anymore...not due to using a bow.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    I'm not an archer, but I think for serious target you don't need a very powerful bow, a easier draw may help for targets. complex bows are great for targets. A different consideration is for hunting, remember you have to carry the bow through the woods, so not having too many accessories that snag branches may be good. I've carried my bow and treestand many times so that is from experience. Weight is also a consideration for hunting, unless you will be hunting in your backyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom