• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Back in the 60’s spent mucho time in a bar off route 202 in Landover. For the life of me, unable to recall the name.

Getting on route 202 East from route 50, it was the 1st right and immediate right. Bar & restaurant was on your left, next to a car wash.

Note : if you continued on the 1st right ended up in Kent Village.

Any ideas? Bitch getting old.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Jimmy’s Crab House, Hmmmm

What is/was the name of the bar at Peace Cross, wasn’t that Jimmy’s Crab House? Or am I confusing the two?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I do miss the "Honky Tonks" of PG county.
    Early 80s Laurel (or "Lawl"), 301 was bar after bar,, The good old type, gravel parking lot, band stage was roughly size of a 4x8 sheet of plywood.
    Princess Bar and grill, Boots and Saddles were my favorite haunts,,, Oh and the "Star Light" in College park LOL

goldcup1911

MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2011
    Randy's California Inn was on Route 1 at Whiskey Bottom Road. A nice Club in its day.
    Anyone remember the House Band at Crossroads in Bladensburg, The Baxter Brothers and Country One ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    '70s and early '80s was Baxter Brothers & Country One - 6 piece with horn & sax , wore semi Elvis style jumpsuits , and played '50s in addition to Country .

By late '80s was Baxter Brothers Band as usual four piece group . No more horn section , played mostly traditional country . Wore jeans and regular shirts .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Big Dipper had shorter history . Rt 1 in Beltsville . The property later became a nursery . At the time the 'Dipper was on second floor , stripper bar downstairs .

Back when Mechanical Bulls were a thing , it regularly appeared at the 'Dipper .

The band Heavy Country used to essentially alternate being quasi house band at 'Dipper and California Inn . When Big Al Downing ( look him up) was big , Heavy Country toured with him as his live band .

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I remember that little prick Randy, owner or the California inn, not allowing people in with their caps turned backwards....like it was a classy place or something LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom