What Ruger PC Carbines mods/upgrades have you done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    THIS is what I would like to see.....

SES4s3w.jpg

Looks like a C&R sub-gun, very cool. :thumbsup:

Got one this year, 9mm so haven't shot it a ton but I’ve put cheap red dot and flashlight on the gun and put the magpul two-point carbine sling in with mikes qd strap adapters. Stud locations are not ideal but they work okay for ready carry.
    The stock stock angle makes it very hard for me to get my cheek low enough to use iron sights but the red dot is high enough to be comfortable. If you want to use iron sights, that tandemkross angled stock looks like a fix

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Am I the only one that gets hung up on the PCC sized mags seated into a mag well that looks like it was made for longer rifle rounds? That aesthetic nag always plucks my nerves.

Glad it’s not just me!

Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    I'm looking for a practical way to attach a tactical single-point sling to my PCC. I've got a set of standard 1 1/4 sling swivels and a matching sling, but it really doesn't do what I want. I have thought of drilling through the stock, just behind the rear end of the receiver, and mounting a sling swivel on the left side of the gun right there. Kind of like the way that left-side swivels are mounted on the Czech VZ-24, but with only the single swivel between the wrist and the receiver.
    Any thoughts?

Whoops! I forgot.
    I just ordered one of the Ruger carry bags from the ShopRuger website. Kinda expensive at $89.95, but looks like it will do the job.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    I'very had mine for quite awhile, no modification at all. It is the most fun you can have shooting a gun. My biggest issue is my grand kids love it so I usually end up loading mags for them. Of course I really don't mind because the have a blast. I'm hoping Ruger makes a 45 ACP model soon. Enjoy.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I'very had mine for quite awhile, no modification at all. It is the most fun you can have shooting a gun. My biggest issue is my grand kids love it so I usually end up loading mags for them. Of course I really don't mind because the have a blast. I'm hoping Ruger makes a 45 ACP model soon. Enjoy.

Been wishing for one in .45 too. Based on an email response to an "tell the CEO" query that I have seen in another forum, My understanding is that it is unlikely as the current platform can not readily supporting larger, heavier calibers. Apparently Ruger deemed it impractical due to to the additional weight that the re-engineering would add to a .45 or 10mm model. I would assume that there would be serious re-tooling on the line needed to produce as well.

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Ditto on the .45
    There's something about a violin case

Attachments

• IMG_E4952.jpg
      IMG_E4952.jpg
      87.9 KB · Views: 361
    • IMG_E4951.jpg
      IMG_E4951.jpg
      79.8 KB · Views: 353
    • IMG_E4950.jpg
      IMG_E4950.jpg
      77.5 KB · Views: 359
    • IMG_E4949.jpg
      IMG_E4949.jpg
      80.4 KB · Views: 371

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Here's mine.

A mix of Tandemkross and M*Carbo upgrades. Ranging from the essential like the new extractor and bolt head pins to the useful like the recoil buffer to the borderline cosmetic like the trigger.

Attachments

• 36F6EC7F-BBFF-464B-B4D6-8DF80CBCA9CB.jpg
      36F6EC7F-BBFF-464B-B4D6-8DF80CBCA9CB.jpg
      83.3 KB · Views: 308

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Been wishing for one in .45 too. Based on an email response to an "tell the CEO" query that I have seen in another forum, My understanding is that it is unlikely as the current platform can not readily supporting larger, heavier calibers. Apparently Ruger deemed it impractical due to to the additional weight that the re-engineering would add to a .45 or 10mm model. I would assume that there would be serious re-tooling on the line needed to produce as well.

Any thoughts about .357?

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida

Any thoughts about .357?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom