• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    1623 Brewery opened last weekend. It was incredibly crowded so I stayed away and waited until the middle of the week to give them a try.
    Went yesterday afternoon and came away pretty impressed with both the Brewery and the beer, tried 4 of 11 on tap with the 1623 Hefeweizen - German Style Wheat Ale being excellent. Will have to go back a few more times and try them all.
    They don't serve food but have food trucks on the weekends and you can also have Basta Pasta deliver a limited menu to you at the Brewery.
    Looking like a great addition to the Eldersburg area.

https://www.1623brewing.com

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

Attachments

• 1623.jpg
      1623.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 327

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Place was stupid packed on opening weekend. 20 min wait to get in and 40 min wait to get a beer according to some neighbors, so they bailed. May go in a week or two and see if the newness crowds go down.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Hefeweizen is my absolute favorite I need to get some of 1623's to try. Anyone know of a place stocking it in HoCo or surrounding area?

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I’m not familiar enough for that to matter.[/QUOTE]

Google is it rather wasn't your friend today. It's ok. I forgive you..... actually no I don't.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Once the mad rush dies down it will be a great spot for a Carroll County MD Shooters get together, has a ton of space and also has an outside patio.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Was going to take the Mrs. there yesterday afternoon, because she is what I call a "beer snob", but my eyelids fell and I couldn't pick them up.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Hefeweizen is my absolute favorite I need to get some of 1623's to try. Anyone know of a place stocking it in HoCo or surrounding area?

I found & picked up some of the 1623 Hefeweizen at the Perfect Pour today. Once it reached the perfect temp, I popped one and poured into a glass. First sip: excellent! It's not as heavy as some of my favorite German Hefes, but it's pretty authentic to the style. This is a happy find.

Attachments

• 1623hefe.jpg
      1623hefe.jpg
      44.7 KB · Views: 135

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I found & picked up some of the 1623 Hefeweizen at the Perfect Pour today. Once it reached the perfect temp, I popped one and poured into a glass. First sip: excellent! It's not as heavy as some of my favorite German Hefes, but it's pretty authentic to the style. This is a happy find.

I thought it was excellent right out of the tap at the brewery, could easily become one of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom