• ...and so much more!
  • weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    He has withdrawn the bill.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Wanted to smell like a DemocRat in 2020. Woops.

Attachments

• D9DBB91B-1357-41D8-9B3D-27C7151AE21C.jpg
      D9DBB91B-1357-41D8-9B3D-27C7151AE21C.jpg
      88.1 KB · Views: 397
    • 972EACE6-91C3-440B-966E-082BA7D6A720.jpg
      972EACE6-91C3-440B-966E-082BA7D6A720.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 399

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Orrock should remove and replace the Virginia Commonwealth Flag on his FB banner:

Attachments

• D0E0E603-C0EE-4D16-B15A-3B1FD448F510.jpg
      D0E0E603-C0EE-4D16-B15A-3B1FD448F510.jpg
      61.1 KB · Views: 381

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Orrock: I got yer new FB banner picture right here. Smell this.

Attachments

• B55D9A9D-5A6A-4D1D-96E7-22C8DF2CFE03.jpeg
      B55D9A9D-5A6A-4D1D-96E7-22C8DF2CFE03.jpeg
      25.4 KB · Views: 375

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'd strongly suggest that people not be too hard on the guy; we should be welcoming him back into the pro-freedom camp. Make him an example for other politicians, especially Dems in the VA Senate, who may be sitting on the fence, that there's still time to Do The Right Thing.

I know there's a good argument to be made on the other side of this, too, but using a carrot where possible and saving the stick for the truly incorrigible antis will move the most votes our way. The goal is to win the votes in the Senate to not pass this stuff, gloating how so-and-so was forced to change his/her vote is a distraction from that.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I'd strongly suggest that people not be too hard on the guy; we should be welcoming him back into the pro-freedom camp. Make him an example for other politicians, especially Dems in the VA Senate, who may be sitting on the fence, that there's still time to Do The Right Thing.

I know there's a good argument to be made on the other side of this, too, but using a carrot where possible and saving the stick for the truly incorrigible antis will move the most votes our way. The goal is to win the votes in the Senate to not pass this stuff, gloating how so-and-so was forced to change his/her vote is a distraction from that.

^^^ This. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009

Are you serious? Why should we continue to support a traitor to our rights? He is not my rep but I'm not far from his district. He does not represent what the majority of people in Virginia stand for. Time to be voted out. Also he's been a politician for 30 years. Time for new blood.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    He surprised many with his pre-filed abomination of a bill. I’ll give him a do-over; however, I’ll be watching him like a hawk. Every vote every comment. With the influx of Bloomberg money I’m concerned about RINOs and party defectors. Trust but verify. I’ve told him I’m happy to assist with addressing violence within our Constitutional rights, I’ll see how that goes. fred55

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Are you serious? Why should we continue to support a traitor to our rights? He is not my rep but I'm not far from his district. He does not represent what the majority of people in Virginia stand for. Time to be voted out. Also he's been a politician for 30 years. Time for new blood.

The goal for the next two or three months is to prevent passage of the anti-2A bills, period. The other issues can wait until the next election. If winning on the current round of legislative votes is enabled by being civil to those who return to the fold from the Dark Side, so be it. Do I like having to do this? Of course not. But winning ugly is still winning.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    :thumbsup:
    The goal for the next two or three months is to prevent passage of the anti-2A bills, period. The other issues can wait until the next election. If winning on the current round of legislative votes is enabled by being civil to those who return to the fold from the Dark Side, so be it. Do I like having to do this? Of course not. But winning ugly is still winning.

:thumbsup:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Just saying ...

:innocent0

Attachments

• BF0C844F-9AD4-488F-9A7E-42295A088FBF.jpg
      BF0C844F-9AD4-488F-9A7E-42295A088FBF.jpg
      77.8 KB · Views: 384

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Seems like somebody felt a little too much heat (from his FB page):

Delegate Bobby Orrock
    2 hrs ·
    I have decided to withdraw House Bill 192. As a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I have no desire to impose restrictions on law abiding citizens. My sole intent was to increase safety with the use of firearms.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Btw,
    Virginia Constitutional Conservatives are on this too. :)

Attachments

• vccdec192.jpg
      vccdec192.jpg
      56.6 KB · Views: 393

weeman

Oct 2, 2009

Fair enough. However come next election why shouldn't he have to answer for this?

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    ******* is deleting comments on his official page. Not supposed to do that!

EDIT: I did see a comment from MDSHOOTERS in that December 24th post about deleting comments. I did not go through every posts replies to see who commented. I posted a question directly to his page asking him to explain what he is hoping to accomplish with his bill. That is the one awaiting approval. If it does not make it to the home page, I may ask again in the reply sections of his posts. I guess they do not have to be approved?

Appears to have changed his way of thinking. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Fair enough. However come next election why shouldn't he have to answer for this?

Absolutely he should. But he might not, depending on who he's running against.

If he's running in the general election against an authoritarian progressive Dem who has no respect for any of the BoR, then he might not suffer consequences because he's the lesser of two bad choices. Same in the Rep primary if he's running against an extremist on the opposite end of the spectrum who can't win a general election, thereby enabling the aforementioned left-winger to end up with the seat, resulting in our rights getting stripped away.

I've had to hold my nose a lot in the voting booth for the past decade voting for the person who will cause me the least damage, no matter how much I despise him/her personally.

Representative democracy means having a choice, not necessarily having good choices. And yet it's still better than any alternative forms of government mankind has managed to come up with. It's like dealing with family: I gotta work with what I've got, not what I wished I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom