• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Stormwerkz stuff came last night. Grabbed a Dewalt 10-32 drill and tap kit and attempted to install. The bit is too big, which I figured out after I drilled the hole:mad54:
    Now I have to go to a Dewalt service center and file a claim. This is going to be fun, not....

:eek: NOT good. Sorry to hear that.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I had a local shop put my stock on last week for $50. I lost my sling point but came across the idea of taking a QD swivel and hacking the guts out of it (took all of 30 seconds). Removed the screw from the right side of the Stormwerkz hinge, used a 10-32 screw to fasten the QD swivel.
    I sanded and cold blued the cut side of the swivel. Works great.
    I was told to use a washer, could only find silver ones so I cold blued that too but ended up not needing it. I need to go back and get a little bit longer screw to get more thread purchase but other than that it's good.

Attachments

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      55.8 KB · Views: 154
    • B.jpg
      B.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 149

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Here's mine with a Manticore stock, forend, and flash hider. I didn't use a shim but may decide to do so later, might not.

Attachments

• 2017-02-04 18.16.39.jpg
      2017-02-04 18.16.39.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 147

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Dropped it off over the weekend to a highly recommended local smith to attach the hinge and stock. I mentioned removing the thread protector so I can run a muzzle device and he explained the huge threaded portion is often not concentric with the barrel, so I shouldn't think about running a can. I was bummed bc that's exactly what I want to do.
    So he gave me the option to remove it, thread the actual barrel with a 5/8x24 insert and reinforce the fsb. All for a very very good price!!

I'm kind of glad I had the mishap or I would have ended up doing the muzzle adapter wrong and possibly jacking up my suppressor.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Dropped it off over the weekend to a highly recommended local smith to attach the hinge and stock. I mentioned removing the thread protector so I can run a muzzle device and he explained the huge threaded portion is often not concentric with the barrel, so I shouldn't think about running a can. I was bummed bc that's exactly what I want to do.
    So he gave me the option to remove it, thread the actual barrel with a 5/8x24 insert and reinforce the fsb. All for a very very good price!!

I'm kind of glad I had the mishap or I would have ended up doing the muzzle adapter wrong and possibly jacking up my suppressor.

That's good to know. I want to do the same thing to mine in a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Finally got my rifle back from the Smith and it looks great. Just need to refinish the wood and it'll be finito

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Here she is. Thinking about maybe adding some paracord to the stock, but I'm happy with it for now.
    Muzzle device was just something the Smith who threaded the barrel threw on there. Haven't decided on a permanent solution.

Attachments

• 2017-06-24_12.27.45.jpg
      2017-06-24_12.27.45.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 72

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Here she is. Thinking about maybe adding some paracord to the stock, but I'm happy with it for now.
    Muzzle device was just something the Smith who threaded the barrel threw on there. Haven't decided on a permanent solution.

Very nice!! My M92 is my favorite SBR. I also put wrapped the top part of the stock with paracord. Helps during hot days.
    As for a muzzle device, I have the manticore night brake. It's loud as sh*t and has become a bit obnoxious. I'm thinking about swapping it out for a Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Very nice!! My M92 is my favorite SBR. I also put wrapped the top part of the stock with paracord. Helps during hot days.
    As for a muzzle device, I have the manticore night brake. It's loud as sh*t and has become a bit obnoxious. I'm thinking about swapping it out for a Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider.

Did you get your barrel threaded or do you have the adapter for the monstrosity that is on the front of the stock gun?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Did you get your barrel threaded or do you have the adapter for the monstrosity that is on the front of the stock gun?

I just bought a muzzle brake that is threaded to the M92 stock threads. Many companies make them. Manticore, CNC, AKBuilder and a few others.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I just bought a muzzle brake that is threaded to the M92 stock threads. Many companies make them. Manticore, CNC, AKBuilder and a few others.

Gotcha. I didn't like that massive thread "donut" on the front so I jumped at the suggestion of threading it to 5/8x24

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Gotcha. I didn't like that massive thread "donut" on the front so I jumped at the suggestion of threading it to 5/8x24

Yeah. I removed that thread protector the day I bought the damn thing.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yeah. I removed that thread protector the day I bought the damn thing.

Not just the protector, but the actual stock threads. They're something like 24mm which is almost an inch. Absolutely yuge and ugly. Also the 5/8x24 Will make it simpler to attach the adapter for my yhm can :D

The most important reason to ditch the stock threads is the lack of concentricity with the barrel. Did not want to risk a baffle strike on a can.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Not just the protector, but the actual stock threads. They're something like 24mm which is almost an inch. Absolutely yuge and ugly. Also the 5/8x24 Will make it simpler to attach the adapter for my yhm can :D

The most important reason to ditch the stock threads is the lack of concentricity with the barrel. Did not want to risk a baffle strike on a can.

If i were to suppress it, I would without a doubt get it rethreaded. Be sure to post pics once you have the can on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom