• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone use these? I took a chance and bought 750 147g 9mm for $73 (free shipping). I've loaded 200 already, but have yet to make it to the range. Any thoughts will be appreciated. :thumbsup:

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    You probably have to see your family health professional for those. :)

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    They turn your hands blue. They turn the insides of your suppressors blue. They are actually 150gr.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got a small qty just to try out last year. Only thing was I had to flare my case mouth a tad more.
    When buying Xtreme 115g only when they had free shipping say, I really was not saving much $$ But if you get free shipping, that another penny per round I guess.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks guys. Balls are doing just fine. A nice rosy pink. I was worried about the coating wearing onto my gun and suppressor parts though. It doesn't seem like a very hardy coating(blue fingers).

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I shoot for Blue Bullets, and can try to answer your questions. The coating isn't really coming off on your fingers, that is just residue from the coating process. They could clean that off, but it would add a step and addition cost for no real gain. Personally I never really worried about the blue fingers, as I wash my hands after loading anyway. And now I run a bullet feeder so I don't touch the bullets much anyway. I've run them in Glocks, and 1911's in 40 S&W(major & minor), 9mm (major & minor), and 38 super. The fastest I've loaded to was 1400 FPS in a 9mm glock.

The bullets do tend to weight a little more then advertised. Again not something that ever really concerned me, as long as I don't get light ones I don't care. I need them to make power factor and a extra grain or two only helps that.

You will probably need to flare the case just a bit more, and be careful not to over crimp. This would go for any plated or coated bullet really. You can use lead charts for starting points for load data, meaning you should need a little less powder then you would run under a FMJ.

I can't speak to suppressors, I don't own any but wouldn't expect to see problems.

I've run several different coated bullets over the years and prefer the Blues. I did run MG's when I first switched to open, but at $360 case vs $240 for Blues I switched back to coated so I could train a lot more. Anyone looking to try them can use the code Ennis to save 5%

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Thanks guys. Balls are doing just fine. A nice rosy pink. I was worried about the coating wearing onto my gun and suppressor parts though. It doesn't seem like a very hardy coating(blue fingers).

I suspect that by the time it reaches your suppressor it's long gone - distributed on the barrel bearing surfaces and burned away.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I've known quite a few guys who use them and have always been happy with them and they are some high volume shooters.

When I deplete my stock of Bayou Bullets I may give them a try.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've known quite a few guys who use them and have always been happy with them and they are some high volume shooters.

When I deplete my stock of Bayou Bullets I may give them a try.

Lol. I just order 500 BBs...:lol2: At least I'll have something to compare to. :o

ultraplanet

Shooter
    Jan 10, 2013
    Swanton
    I'm a little over half way through a case of 3000 blue bullets and all is well. I have used 147/9mm blue bullets, black bullets and bayou bullets. The bayou bullets smell the worst at the range.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I shoot for Blue Bullets, and can try to answer your questions. The coating isn't really coming off on your fingers, that is just residue from the coating process. They could clean that off, but it would add a step and addition cost for no real gain. Personally I never really worried about the blue fingers, as I wash my hands after loading anyway. And now I run a bullet feeder so I don't touch the bullets much anyway. I've run them in Glocks, and 1911's in 40 S&W(major & minor), 9mm (major & minor), and 38 super. The fastest I've loaded to was 1400 FPS in a 9mm glock.

The bullets do tend to weight a little more then advertised. Again not something that ever really concerned me, as long as I don't get light ones I don't care. I need them to make power factor and a extra grain or two only helps that.

You will probably need to flare the case just a bit more, and be careful not to over crimp. This would go for any plated or coated bullet really. You can use lead charts for starting points for load data, meaning you should need a little less powder then you would run under a FMJ.

I can't speak to suppressors, I don't own any but wouldn't expect to see problems.

I've run several different coated bullets over the years and prefer the Blues. I did run MG's when I first switched to open, but at $360 case vs $240 for Blues I switched back to coated so I could train a lot more. Anyone looking to try them can use the code Ennis to save 5%

Thanks! That's very helpful. I've been running them through my tumbler for 30-40 minutes after loading to help remove the residue. And yes, as someone else said, they run about 150 grains. Not a problem for me as I am only loading subsonics anyways.

Sorry for the multi-posting everyone(I learned that from V5;))

:D

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Can't tell you how many cases of those 147 Blue FP's I've been through but it's several and I won't buy anything else but them. Titegroup runs them very well and very gently. It'll surprise you how little powder it takes which makes for a VERY soft shooting round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom