• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    Yes. There are some REALLY good fakes out there. Be careful, you could end up with an optic that holds zero better than an original.

yeah I bought a 50$ fake a while ago to see if I liked the form/function before spending the money on the real thing, and its held zero just fine, granted I haven't taken it on any arctic excusions.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I got my RMA reply via email from EOTech. I have to send in the email chain with the sights, but they also wanted a copy of the original RMA request filled out online. I didn't print it out. Anyone think that will be a problem if it is not included? All the information is in the RMA email they sent me.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I feel bad for all the operators in this thread who use these in real world situation and not just sitting at hap baker shooting paper.......... Oh wait.....

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    yeah I bought a 50$ fake a while ago to see if I liked the form/function before spending the money on the real thing, and its held zero just fine, granted I haven't taken it on any arctic excusions.

Well, an arctic trip is not needed to have an issue. If you read the details about the issues a temp change of as little as 15-20deg can move the sight 2-4 MOA. And the icing on the cake is when the temp returns the zero does not.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I got my RMA reply via email from EOTech. I have to send in the email chain with the sights, but they also wanted a copy of the original RMA request filled out online. I didn't print it out. Anyone think that will be a problem if it is not included? All the information is in the RMA email they sent me.

The online form is one way to start the return process. Somehow I got the name of the following person who just sent me a form by email to fill out and return to him. He made the process very easy. SO FAR! Haven't seen any money yet.

Mr. Mike Kroll
    michael.kroll@l-3com.com
    EOTech Customer Service

[FONT=&quot]EOTech[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- An L-3 Communications Company[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1201 E. Ellsworth Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48108[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]www.eotech-inc.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I received an e-mail on Jan 15th that my sight was received and my refund is being processed.

Text from e-mail...

Dear Hacktracker,

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

Shipped on Dec 12th and UPS delivered on the 15th.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    Well, an arctic trip is not needed to have an issue. If you read the details about the issues a temp change of as little as 15-20deg can move the sight 2-4 MOA. And the icing on the cake is when the temp returns the zero does not.

was just saying that my 50$ fake hasn't had that problem.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ive used mine in below zero temperatures, and the hottest around 104. I guess I'm lucky but I've never had it shift zero. It's been great. Maybe I got lucky.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ive used mine in below zero temperatures, and the hottest around 104. I guess I'm lucky but I've never had it shift zero. It's been great. Maybe I got lucky.

Every time Im at the range with someone or see someone they are having to re-zero their Eotech.

It can be an older guy with an M1A/M14, or a "wannabe tactical" (as many like to put it) guy with an AR.

Its not tacticool guys fabricating issues. The company isnt giving refunds for a good product out for no reason. The reason, is they cant fix the issues or they would.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Every time Im at the range with someone or see someone they are having to re-zero their Eotech.

It can be an older guy with an M1A/M14, or a "wannabe tactical" (as many like to put it) guy with an AR.

Its not tacticool guys fabricating issues. The company isnt giving refunds for a good product out for no reason. The reason, is they cant fix the issues or they would.

That's why I said I guess I got lucky. I've used it in summer heat then not used the rifle for months and take it way up into the mtns in jan and it's still good to go. Mine works, it's pretty shitty so many are garbage though.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    That's why I said I guess I got lucky. I've used it in summer heat then not used the rifle for months and take it way up into the mtns in jan and it's still good to go. Mine works, it's pretty shitty so many are garbage though.
    Ditto. Knock wood, so far mine has held its zero for a couple years now, though I don't use it a ton - just a class or two a year.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom