• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I plan on attending tomorrow. Anyone know the possibility of scoring a Stoeger M3K shotgun?

I keep my eye out for 3 gun style shot guns and I didn't see any Stoegers. I did see one Mossberg 930 JM pro going for 689, which I believe is the retail price.

I picked up a new UTG pro 15" rail for 125 and I was pretty happy about that. Looking forward to putting it on. I thought it was a good show, one table had 50+ C&R pistols I felt like I was walking past a museum, they has some really cool stuff.

spatchcock

Sep 7, 2015
    I went looking for unusual handguns. Lots of new stuff, tons of 1911's and Lugers. It was interesting but I didn't see a lot of variety.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Couple vendors were willing to sell ak rifles to md residents if you dare

itsatrap.jpg

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Welp, I'm working down there again today at the Swiss table, but yesterday I couldn't help myself and came home with a C&R Smith and Wesson Model 28 Highway Patrolman and a weird Turkish Mauser.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Welp, I'm working down there again today at the Swiss table, but yesterday I couldn't help myself and came home with a C&R Smith and Wesson Model 28 Highway Patrolman and a weird Turkish Mauser.

Were you there yesterday when I bought the Swiss Model 1899 infantry sword with the knot? If so, which one were you?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Were you there yesterday when I bought the Swiss Model 1899 infantry sword with the knot? If so, which one were you?

Oh yea! I was the younger guy with the green flannel shirt. I called the silver thing on the sword a "tallywacker" and you said the real name (I forget what it's called now).

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Oh yea! I was the younger guy with the green flannel shirt. I called the silver thing on the sword a "tallywacker" and you said the real name (I forget what it's called now).

The real name for the "tallywacker" is "knot". :)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    yea you could have a blow out, and your "tallywacker" could deflate.:lol2:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Went down today, picked up 2 .40 S&W Browning factory mags for $20 each and 1 9mm Ramline mag for $10 for my Browning Hi Powers. I also sold a 1873 Springfield trapdoor carbine for $1,200 to a dealer. So for me a pretty good show. I would of liked it better if they would of put all the non-gun venders in the new section, because it looked like there were more of them around than the last show.

:)

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Like others have said the time change on Friday really bothered me. I used to to be in the parking lot around 1030 on Friday and then wait in my truck until the line died down then walked right in. Now Fridays are a no go.

I was busy this weekend so I only had time to stop in quickly on Sat around 4p. I enjoyed myself but I didn't have enough time to browse like I wanted to.

I spoke to a few of the guys I shoot with and a few others in my gun club about attending the show and all I got were complaints about how it's a "waste of time" and there's "no point in going". This sort of attitude really bothers me. I'm not sure why guys think it's a waste of time to spend a couple/three hours walking around looking at guns. I guess they want to walk into a gun show and have the vendors giving their stuff away.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yesterday while I was at the show, some younger guy with his mom walked over to my table and tried to sell me, literally the worst put-together fake of a German Gewehr 98 "sniper rifle" (or any rifle) I have ever seen. Large fake Swastikas and waffenampts stamped on it, stock sanded to hell and cracked, and welded on claw mounts. Not to mention the serial numbers were crossed out, or ground down and re-stamped to match. He said he'd bought it at another Chantilly show for the bargain price of $4,000, but he needed to sell it for $5,000 since he's "leaving for the military".

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Friday is not possible from central Maryland - need a helicopter to avoid the traffic on the beltway and I-666.

Last time I went, there was a vendor selling 80% lowers AND the jig. He seemed willing to make a deal - being a lot of Virginians there, I guess he wasn't getting too much business. Lowers are cash-n-carry there.
    Yes, but is it legal to cash and carry them back to MD?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Yes, but is it legal to cash and carry them back to MD?

If you are a Virginia resident, lowers are cash-n-carry - that is, easy to purchase. I imagine most Virginians would rather buy finished lowers than make their own.

But then again 80% generally appeals to those who want no record of the firearm for personal use. Probably a limited customer base here than in CA.

Thus my reasoning the vendor was willing to make a deal.

And yes, 80% are paperweights - can be sold like a pencil.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Yesterday while I was at the show, some younger guy with his mom walked over to my table and tried to sell me, literally the worst put-together fake of a German Gewehr 98 "sniper rifle" (or any rifle) I have ever seen. Large fake Swastikas and waffenampts stamped on it, stock sanded to hell and cracked, and welded on claw mounts. Not to mention the serial numbers were crossed out, or ground down and re-stamped to match. He said he'd bought it at another Chantilly show for the bargain price of $4,000, but he needed to sell it for $5,000 since he's "leaving for the military".

Sounds like he bought it from a place similar in name to "Smindian Biver Smolecyables."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom